Automation ableton live multi out

Hi , I have my a4 connected to ableton live , I have 4 tracks :slight_smile:

Track 1 = overbridge plugin (main A4 track 1)
Track 2 , 3 , 4 = ableton external instrument to play track 2 , 3 , 4 from the A4

it working great except for the automation…

I only can record automation on the overbridge track… I 'd like to record automation on track 2 , 3 , 4 (exemple filter on the track 2 , env on the track 3)

if I record automation on track 2, 3, 4 and I turn filter, env etc… on the A4 I can see the draw on ableton , but when I stop then play the automation doesn’t play (no filter change , no env etc…)

It working good with the 1st track with overbridge plugin.

On midi setup on the A4 midicc receive is on.

1 Like

no idea ? :frowning:

Have you made sure the midi channel in ableton is sending the the equivalent track on the analog 4?

I have a midi channel for each of the analog 4 tracks. I have the plug in and then four audio tracks (relating to each of the analog 4 tracks), then next to each is a midi channel for each track.these all sit in a group.

I am then able to automate the channels via the individual midi tracks, record in the audio into each track, plus the master on the plugin channel.

I don’t use external instrument as it takes too long to render and I lose a bit of the freedom of doing it my way.

Anyway that’s how I do what I think you’re trying to do. It takes up space and there’s lots of tracks but I have the control I want.

Hope that is of use.

1 Like

Just tried it working great :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes