Autechre syx and Model Samples

Bastards! Hahahaha. But yes, the sum is greater than its parts, I believe, etc etc.

Seriously. They hardly even used more than 32 steps… you hear it expecting 16 LFOs all routed to a resampling channel that’s mangling everything into audio mulch, and them somehow figuring out how to get trig conditions on a MD and the Nord patch to be a rubix cube of patches and sequencers and math…

Nope, they mostly used the same basic synths, mostly the same track machines on the MD with slight variation, and they are just fucking masters at what they do.

Took the wind right out of the whole “if you just had these patches/algorithms/whatever, you’d be Autechre” thing.

4 Likes

I also remember just about every synth sound on the MnM had the LPF set really low.

I actually thought the paired tracks/trigs they were doing on the MD was brilliant, really made me think differently about the machine. Also if you put the sysex on a non-UW MD the RAM and ROM machines would show up, but they wouldn’t make sound.

1 Like

there’s 2 people on WATMM who are reconstructing entire live set from one of the gigs. they’ve worked on it in sections over the last year or so. expecting to have it done/mixed in a couple months. pretty epic endeavor really. i’m stoked to hear it.

2 Likes

Have they posted anything? If you can share a link that’d be great.

as i said it won’t be done for a few months or so. they posted some teasers a year or so ago but those links are long dead. it sounded really great though.

i’m sure once they’re done the we transfer links will go public. it’s a pretty epic thing they’re doing… they’re not half assing it.

1 Like

Glad their full-assing it. Can’t go at Autechre without both cheeks, should be interest to hear.

1 Like