Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

A kind Sir posted a video of the MPC content: https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/9wsf47/ae_live_mpc1k_backup_050308/

2 Likes

omg @ them also releasing mpc g2 and patch notes.
was already frothing at mouth at the idea of combining MD with MNM and hearing that together. obviously wouldn’t have been the same as the set and would have been some things left out but still a very awesome close approximation + opportunity to re-appropiate the patterns into standalone tracks. even without any processing, the machinedrum+monomachine combo is incredible.

autechre are too good ;-; !!! :slight_smile:

It certainly makes me love them more.

It’s also a nice reminder of how much of making this music is a process (we don’t know the discards and false starts and unused patterns and weeks or months of work that went into end result); and how much of it is processing (they definitely kick my ass when it comes to mixing and processing this stuff; and hearing Aphex Twin’s ‘korg funk 5’ and hearing how my Volcas sound… oy…).

I feel OK about my process after what I’ve seen of this. I’m hoping to maybe pick up at least some of just how to get my beats flowing and sounding better. I feel pretty confident on Monomachine and A4. I still feel like I’m doing something wrong on Machinedrum. Possibly due to personal background coming more from noise and electro-acoustic stuff than from drum oriented stuff. I think I’m trying to crowd too many sounds into the same sonic space.

But that’s an aside. I just think it’s cool that they basically said “here, make your own AeLive08 bootlegs!”.

5 Likes

Not sure if the original thread on Electro-Music can offer any help (too busy to read right now): http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-57892.html

Weirdly, it just stopped working for me under Linux too… it might be the Pulse Audio sound engine though.

Be aware that most .pch2 patches (possibly all) won’t work with a Micro Modular, just the G2.

2 Likes

Yep, their 2005-2008 liveshows still sound magnificent and didn’t seem to employ any outboard effect.

Yeah I know. I just had been putting off trying the editor to see how Id get on with it so I’m glad this has provoked me.

One question: does the Nord Modular have a sampler / file player module? I can’t seem to find one…

I still want a Micro (and a G2) … one day, one day. If only there was some easy way to convert Nord patches to Axoloti ones… :wink:

1 Like

Can open the Nord patches. But on some patches I hear sound on others I don’t.
Is the audio routed differently for some patches?
Or do they need midi note input?

Yeah I’ve been clicking away at the virtual keyboard with all of them.

4 Likes

Is the audio routed differently for some patches?

I noticed on a few of the screen shots the audio was routed to outputs 3/4. So you may need to move those over to 1/2 for left and right outputs.

See where 3/4 is highlighted in blue on the two bottom output modules?

3 Likes

An external midi keyboard lets you go polyphonic :wink:

Yeah, on some I don’t hear anything, even if I route to 1/2 out.
Have to get my head around the patches, and what they are supposed to do :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about the G2, but the G1 doesn’t. The closest I could get to any kind of wave playback was using the sequencer modules to make single cycle waves :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks. Read parts of it some years ago. The nord manuals were always great

:scream: what did i miss of Mike P.?

1 Like

he pulled and AFX and put a ton of stuff on soundcloud. i dunno if it there still

2 Likes

ugh…nvm im stupid.

Oh cool, i knew about Afx, but not him…i‘m out for the hunt :smile:

No the G2 doesn’t have sample modules.
But you can make a patch with some clever use of delay modules to temporarely sample stuff. But switching it off means sample is gone.

3 Likes