Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

An old trick was to jump into song mode to grab some crazy loops then revert back to pattern mode. Dataline did it a lot.
This is wicked, gonna have a good look at this.
Those comp settings are spot on. Long attack, mega short decay & gained up. Old drum group trick or as the cool kids say, ‘stems’ lol

2 Likes

Wait, so if I have an entry in song mode that just plays the second half (or whatever) of a pattern, that’ll carry into pattern mode?! Or am I interpreting your comment incorrectly?

Does anybody know why some of the RAM machines doesn’t sound? Y don’t see any samples on the sampler manager.

prob beside the RAM P machine there is a RAM R machine…recording whats playing and chopping that up, playing it back

Do you know if the sysex file come with samples? because the ROM machines doesn’t sound at all.

theres a lot of samples in the MPC part.

theres 4 ROM samples [at least thats all i got]. those are samples that get loaded to the box. RAM are recorded from the box. they are for live recording and playback

as you can see there were only 4 ROM samples.
and in the RAM image you see RAM-R1 = record, RAM-P1 = play.
on the record track you need a trig to enable recording, and on the play machine track you need to add trigs to play back portions of what your RAM machine is recording.

in their set notes…the RAM stuff says something like freestyle. so they prob drop in trigs where they wanted.

go to pat E08…tracks 13,14,15,16…youll see two record and two play RAM machines.

4 Likes

Yes you can jump between Song mode & Pattern mode.
Try something like this.
Once you return to Pattern mode the last pattern from Song mode will loop until you select another Pattern.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Any idea if there’s a way to convert the Machinedrum sysex files so that the pattern data will load into an RYTM?

There is no existing software that can do this directly, although it is theoretically possible to transfer the trig data (but not the sounds, obviously).

If I just send the sysex data from the MD into the RYTM, would it pick up any of that trig data or are they totally incompatible?

These are nice visuals. I like sound content better as well…more variation in it. Are they on hard drugs though? LOL jk

Incompatible

1 Like

I remember when I saw Clark perform live. He used 2 MPCs (1000) during his Turning Dragons tour.
You can also check some Kyle Hall’s early stuff (Boat Party for the exemple), as far as I know, he also used the MPC.

Nice! So the way to dump this on to my MD / MnM without loosing any of my precious work would probably be to save current work as a snapshot and then load an empty snapshot and then import the sysx into those fresh snaps right?

Exactly.

1 Like

Haha… this is gonna be fun! :smiley:

Sys dump both boxes…just in case :wink:
Doesnt take too long.

Well… its AE sysx files… by using these I am aware that my machines just might burn out or something… Like overclocking your GPU… :wink:

Remember to play entirely in the dark.

2 Likes