Audio disappears on Octatrack MkII when close Ableton project

Every time I used my Octatrack MkII while synced to Ableton, if I close my Ableton project and re-open, tracks 2-8 on the Octatrack will stop outputting a signal - oddly, track 1 will still work correctly. This is repeatable.

The Octatrack project seems to possibly get corrupted because from that point on I cannot get a signal from any track (except track 1) even if I restart the Octatrack and reopen that project. If I start a new Octatrack project everything works fine… unless I’m synced to Ableton and close/reopen the Ableton project - from that point on, that new Octatrack project stops outputting a signal on tracks 2-8.

I can see all the samples in AED mode but cannot hear anything no matter what sample I assign to tracks 2-8 - even if I’m just previewing a sample with function-yes.

1 Like

What shows the mixer menu about the state of the tracks (mutes/solos)? Your description sounds like track 1 gets solo-ed, but this shouldn’t survive a reload …

1 Like

That’s it!
Thank you!

I have no idea how or why shutting down Ableton solos T1 but at least I know how to fix it now. Appreciate your time!

1 Like