Audio/CV Split Cable Kit MEGA THREAD

Elektron naturally does what customers ask for: good news!

Really, agree with avantronicaā€¦ People are bitching about this now? Elektron gives a nice option for a multi-use split cable system, that nobodyā€™s forced to purchase, and you guys complain? The whole entitlement thing is waaaay outta control these daysā€¦

1 Like

all true dear fellow muscicains ā€¦ lets get back on topic! ā€¦ love yall

Really, agree with avantronicaā€¦ People are bitching about this now? Elektron gives a nice option for a multi-use split cable system, that nobodyā€™s forced to purchase, and you guys complain? The whole entitlement thing is waaaay outta control these daysā€¦[/quote]
Seriously. I admit that Iā€™m still skeptical about the need for Overhub, but this solves an issue that people have been discussing ever since the release of the A4. Sure beats spending $130 and giving up the HP for the Greyscale Synapse module if you want to use it with eurorack.

Tempting cables.

I find it kind of odd that they took so long to do it, then again I was never really inundated with orders for mine, but mine were dedicated to CV and more expensive, and better in my biased opinion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I donā€™t think the pricing is too bad considering you get some cables too.

1 Like

For the record, I wasnā€™t bitching, was genuinely curious about the utility of these things since the video and ulleā€™s response explained nothing (thanks simon). Price is fair enough if it also includes 4 cables.

Itā€™s great that Elektron finally solved this problem of the unavailability of minijack cables.

I suppose that since the RYTM has 5 individual outs, 5 of these units could get a bit clunky. A4/Keys have 2 outs each so 2 square dongles is not too bad

These are still selling, if you prefer a breakout/connector free solution for Eurorack. If a connector is needed to enlarge from minijack so be it :slight_smile:

(ps, I plug this a lot because itā€™s a really hard site to search for on Google and this forum so please pardon the spam!)

Worth bearing in mind also, is that some cables like the Neutrik connectors I have, can get a bit squashed in some Elektron gear when all plugged in a row. Used to have that problem with the Machinedrum particularly. These ones look nice and straight/slim.

I ordered 2 for my AK and they are arriving today (very fast shipping from Sweden to Ca). I had literally just been looking at buying the darenager adapters (sorry dude!) but these were (like he said) a little cheaper. For those of us that donā€™t even use OB, Iā€™m certainly glad they didnā€™t push back the release of a simple utility cable to avoid ruffling feathers of OB users. Also, I doubt this product release has somehow effected the development of OB.

Nice work and thanks elektron!

i donā€™t know why so many people are bitching about this. people are constantly asking why Elektron didnā€™t offer something like this when the A4 first came out.

why this over a y splitter and an adapter? have you ever had an adapter break in a module? i have. it sucks. 25 bucks is a lot cheaper than fucking up a module with a cheap adapter. 50 bucks for two adapters is a lot cheaper than a $120 Synapse module (not to mention saving HP spaceā€¦as much as I love my Synapse).

the conspiracy theories of them introducing this to divert attention from the OS updates not being ready were good for a nice chuckle, so thanks for that

Itā€™d be great with a powered version for Rytm, with Ā±gain control.

That was an brilliant idea!

Iā€™m a bit biased (since I designed the Synapse) but for the A4:modular workflow, the output buffering and visual feedback that the Synapse provides are worth the extra cost.
Also you donā€™t have to worry about showing up at a gig and realizing that you left the adapter boxes at home. TRS cables are easy to find.

1 Like

I received my Elektron cable kit yesterday (via very fast free shipping from Sweden). Its great. Very versatile for different machines. Totally worth the money.

Elektron naturally does what customers ask for: good news![/quote]
Best fuckin comment ever

Whatā€™s the ordering backlog on these? I placed an order on the 25th for 2 kits and the status is still marked as Paid (30th today).

(of course I know itā€™s been the easter weekend etcā€¦).

I normally would be very patient, but guess what, Iā€™ve started my first modular rig to complement my A4 and all is setup bar the kits :wink:

The official cv cables come with an audio splitter.

I canā€™t think of an example of when I would need that (I use the a4)

Any suggestions? Itā€™s likely I donā€™t have a need for it, and thatā€™s why Iā€™m not immediately thinking of a use.

Cheers.

Do you mean the adapter described as being for ā€œOctatrack users who want to sample from consumer electronic devicesā€?

With A4 itā€™s useful to split the stereo CV signal into two mono signals (aka Eutorack).
You can then assign a different track and modifier to the ring and tip.
With two of these, A4 can manage 4 different CV signals simultaneously.