Ata [no int] : CF card issues

Hi I’ve just moved locations, set everything up exactly as it was in my last location, yet no sound from the octatrack. I can press a few keys on the keyboard, then everything dies, i mean none of the menu works ,no keys work at all

Now I’ve entered the test menu with FUNC power on and run the function test

Everyhing is ok except ATA says NO INT

And in this mode I can play the keyboard

Anybody know what the heck this is ? thanks

2 Likes

Your CF Card is probably dead. If it came with a new unit you should post a ticket.

3 Likes

oh great, it was working before as well

You were absolutely right, and I was so lucky i remembered to bring a spare card with me
It all now works !! THank you

3 Likes

glad that you had a spare one :slight_smile: good luck

Just bought a brand new MK2 Black and have encountered the same issue after less than a month of use. Is there any work around without a dedicated card reader to format it ?

1 Like

Not likely. It’s a good idea to back up your Audio pool once a month or more if you’re doing a lot of sample saving. and backup the project folders weekly as a good precaution. memory is fickle stuff. I’ve had the 16gb card that came with my mk1 octa for 6 years with no issues (knock on wood) just got a mk2 so we’ll see how long this 32gb card lasts.

2 Likes

…end of a happy ever after life with any ot, u’ll always need one FAST 'n SOLID 'n PROPER CV CARD with 64gb of ram capacity max of ur OWN, ANYWAYS…no way around this…
it’s THE one essential external detail it needs to make u happy for real…

1 Like

I’ve heard that there’s been a batch of faulty CF cards with new OTs. Same happened to me the day after I bought it.

1 Like

Cheers guys. I am lucky that camera shops are still open here in Dublin so i just picked up a Sandisk Pro 32g. Didnt realise how pricey they are ! I have a production retreat booked this weekend so needed a quick fix. Dissapointed to have to fork out again so soon after picking up the unit. Is there a chance that loading samples in the wrong formate can cause issues ?

Interesting, I reckon that must be it. It never left the machine since day 1

Hello everyone.

3 days into it and my CF is also broken on MKII Black. Buttons not responding, but still possible to use as a mixer and RAM sampler when card is taken off.

Do you know if there’s a way to restore stock samples? Buying a new card can help me get back on track but I’m gonna lose not only mine but also stock ones which were pretty dope.

There’s this reddit thread where people say that newest devices received broken CFs.

Hey same with my card (new black m2 ) shit ive to take warranty on it…

In case you haven’t already gotten an answer, you should be able to download the factory sounds after you register your OT on elektron.se.

This morning my brand new Octatrack mkii froze after startup with no apparent way to end its stuckness.

Running it in test mode showed the above error.
I read this is related to a corrupt CF card.

Has anyone who’s seen or had this error come up been successful in rescuing the CF card or retrieving its contents?

I will lose a lot of work if I have to discard the CF card :frowning:

Sorry to hear that bud.

Haven’t happened to me but here’s a few things I would try:

1. I would try reading the CF card on a computer
  2. If it’s read by your computer, I would back up all the projects you have on your card, onto your computer
  3. Reformat your CF card
  4. Once reformatted, try and use it on your OT (without any projects saved on it) and see if it doesn’t freeze anymore
  5. Load your projects onto your CF Card once again, from your computer

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

4 Likes

Thanks man. Great suggestion however at present my only method for trying to read the CF card on computer is to use Octatrack USB disk mode. I can’t engage that mode because the Octatrack is a brick (stuck /frozen) when this CF card is loaded on it.

I’m sure there’s a USB compact flash reader for the computer, could be an option if I want to retrieve what’s on it, or see if that’s even possible.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. I think best to see if you can have access to a card reader. My tip is to get the ones that allow for multiple sizes such as CF, SD, etc - always great to have one and you’ll definitely use it if not now, in the future.

A couple of things I’d try also:

• Try booting up your OT without the CF on it, just to see if it still loads up ok (I believe it will boot in Demo mode).
  • Check if your CF is damaged (bent, missing pins, etc.)
  • Try using a different CF card if you have another one lying around (then try to get yourself a card reader so you can try backing up your original CF)

Worth a shot!

1 Like

thank you! I’ve ordered a new CF card (SanDisk extreme), hoping it’s rock solid unlike the Elektron supplied CF card has proven not to be.

I will hang on to this corrupt CF card and check out some standalone card reader options out there.

1 Like