Ata [no int] : CF card issues

A good thing with a brand new memory card is that you can start fresh. :zap:

Good luck and hope you get it sorted out!

…no cv card ever left me out in the cold…never…

but if it would happen…i’d format a new one…and fill it up with my BACKUP!!!, that’s always in mirroring use anyways, whenever i exchange content from my desktop to my ot and vice versa…no big fuzz…really…
learned a lesson here…?

I’m not the OP but I did learn from him, good idea to mirror things every now and then.

The only way not to have any data at risk is to backup after every single session.
I was backing up every week.

My lesson learned is that Elektron supplied CF cards were faltering on many people this year and that they should be avoided, even though people put it down to a “bad batch”.

Backing up is always good though, yes.

1 Like

…those cf cards, coming with ur ot are always nothing but an example of stuff how to get started…and once u start starting, first thing u do is format a serious pro cf card with at least 32 or 64 gb in max, u have bought for exactly this reason…that’s no big news…really…sorry to say so…

only expeption were those that came with the anniversary batch…
but hey…these cards are oldschool mass storage devices that cost quite some money these days, since they became a niche product…and if u go for fast read and write capcities in rocksolid they are a pretty special product…and u can’t get them much cheaper, even u order a thousand of them at once…so of course even the anniversary ones where only half baken in quality…u can’t blame sweden for that…that’s only logic, if u give it a second thought…and sorry…but once u really got a serious one in use, u can trust them full on…backing up EACH 'N EVERY time after u did something is pretty paranoia…
some reasonable standard backup routine was always fine for me…since ages…

1 Like

So glad I backed up my card last night. This just happened to me. Good job I ordered a new CF card the other day too!

Yikes, just run into this out of nowhere. Ot hasn’t been touched or moved in a week or two since I last used it with no problems. Strange how the card just dies out of nowhere.

Luckily didnt have anything too vital on there but still enough to be a pain.

I’ve just checked through a big pile of ancient digital cameras to see if I had something to test but no dice so I’ll just need to wait until amazon comes tomorrow.

Was looking forward to a night of OT fun there too.

New card arrived and everything is fine. I really hadn’t backed up but most of the time I’ve spent on the OT I’d consider a learning process rather than anything important being lost.

That said, what gives? Did Elektron just sticker up some cheapo garbage cards to include with the OT? In like, 20 years of music and photography stuff, I’ve literally never had a CF go bad.

1 Like