Aspects of portable power options to consider

Ok, I see.

What kind of malfunctions can happen with undercurrent ? Like VCOs not tracking correctly, or stuff like that ?

This depends completely on the (board) design. Sophisticated (modern) electronics won’t work at all, but simple designs can show all kinds of malfunctions/instabilities. Ever used a simple battery powered music device when the batteries are near dead? Some (normally the really cheap ones) behave quite weird …

2 Likes

I’ve heard stories of 303s behaving differently in regards to the tuning… Phoscyon (VST clone) even has a “low battery” setting.

That is exactly what @tnussb means by malfunction.
In euro, my PEG would miss sending trigs cuz of low power.

As far as heat…thats just part of it. The eurorack psu will heat the case. I vented my case. And you can, if you have space on yer rack, leave gaps between modules to allow heat to vent. I left a gap beside my 4ms power supply and beside my ES-8 cuz it was a hot mod.

1 Like

Friendly suggestion to upgrade that power supply. The power supply is pretty much the most important part of the system.

1 Like

yes, sure… the power supply I have now is a doepfer psu2 which came with the case. Unfortunately, once you had a couple of Roland Aira modules you’re good to get a psu3.