AS-1 over SE-02? - YES or NO

Seems like it’s ended now BUT it’s Cyber Monday tomorrow so I’m thinking maybe it’ll be on again.

If you want the cheap Mono Station then here they are still on sale

NOVATION MONO STATION

1 Like

My plan is using all the DT midi tracks on two AS-1’s which allows five LFOs per synth (one being internal) plus all the standard Elektron CC p-lock stuff.

1 Like

PS

Forgot to add hat for an extra £2 I got the bag with my AS-1 so £396 in total

AS-1 plus Case

1 Like

That’s awesome. Definitely do that. Sequencing it with an Elektron box and adding all those extra LFOs really changes that synth a lot. Plus you don’t have to worry about that pattern change bug.

1 Like

Glad you got the free bag but man, those UK prices are rough.
AS-1s are $389 USD over here this weekend.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a steal.

Well-spotted!

Yep well this is rip off Britain lol

I guess everything is cheaper over there I’d love to be there just so I could drink all your Budweiser :beer::beer::beer::beer:

YzWb8EcV_400x400

YzWb8EcV_400x400

*@Budweiser

1 Like

The AS-1 has just arrived uau :blush:

Where’s the free software editor it doesn’t say anything on the box etc? Do I just go download the LE version at Sound Tower?

PS

Just flicking through sounds with mu headphones on it sounds absolutely lovely

3 Likes

Yeah, the editor is the LE version online. There’s a paid version that does more but I never bothered. Enjoy it!

1 Like

Thanks I’ll download it tonight. Gonna try control the AS-1 with Beatstep Pro, more knobs haha

1 Like

Good idea. I control it with an OT for the same reason. It’s essentially an analog plugin for me.

1 Like

I have to say it sounds fantastic. I only have headphones plugged in at the moment but loving that filter and BBD

1 Like

The built in effects are extremely usable. I’ve had synths in the past where I bypassed the effects when it came to recording and just rebuilt them with plugins but it’s not the case with this one.

1 Like

Today I bought something I sold 10yrs ago and I’m really happy. I got this in pristine condition and will run it through the Beatstep Pro.

DRUM RACK

1 Like

Rob now that you’ve heard roland’s TR8 which sound do you prefer ? Novation or Roland ?

Well I sold the TR8s after 2 weeks… It sounds ok BUT… this sounded really really cheesy to my ears. The samples of the TR8s were Mickey Mouse at best. The Novation D-Station Iv’e owned before years ago sounds better to me, no sequencer but Beatstep Pro is at hand. I also have a TR-09 which also sounds better than my TR8s did…

Novation wins for me

1 Like

Actual item is pristine, should have it within 7 days :blush:

4 Likes