AS-1 over SE-02? - YES or NO

When I record jams and listen back the sound of the as1 always stands out.

2 Likes

Wow lol they’re getting cheaper I just paid £270 and they are £260 at SCAN…

Do you know you can still get 10% off at Juno UK? It’s still valid from yesterday on some products, you can add a Drum Brute Creation at £305 and then end up paying £274

I was gonna hook up the AS1 to the Quantum I love the sound of the new Waldorf synth but now I’m screwed for sequencing unless I buy the Pyramid. I have 2 Beatstep Pro’s and a Keystep but they’re moonophonic.

I certainly wouldn’t use the on board seq on the as1.

1 Like

Iv’e heard it’s buggy… makes you wonder who the hell tests these synths before release, Mickey Mouse? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The AS1 sound is pretty special.

The sequencer could be a bit more special, as it only sequences notes.
However, an Elektron MIDI seq (or a DAW) can be used to sequence automation, as it does have a full CC# spec.
Sometimes it’s fun to sequence CC#s from a second sequencer, running a different pattern length, anyway.
For instance, Notes=64 / CC#s=62, or Notes=16 / CC#s=12.
You get more variety each time the note sequence repeats.

Can the BSP send CC#s without sending notes into the AS-1?

3 Likes

No idea I haven’t received the AS1 yet but the BSP can be setup in midi control center to control anything you assign to the knobs/pads

I know I shouldn’t but that mfb dominion club for 350US is a steal from musicstore.de. I like the paint job too.

4 Likes

Control and sequence are two different things.

1 Like

Sold out!

Dominion Club

My bad :blush: I still think I’ll grab the Pyramid in the end as the Cirklon is 11 months wait I’m told

1 Like

Perhaps someone else here could confirm IF the Beatstep Pro can sequence CC#s without sending notes?

Also you can grab a Behringer Neutron here for £243 instead of £277

Neutron

1 Like

Ah well. Thanks for reminding me on the cirklon. I put my preorder in March 2018…I’m not gonna ask about the status until February 1, 2019

1 Like

Wow Sunday delivery… Just ordered this late Friday night £279 deal from Andertons UK and it’s here

Gonna test it out

1 Like

They do look like fun.

So that AND an AS-1? Nice.

2 Likes

No AS1 till Tuesday tho… if these mono stations are good I’ll get another for £260

1 Like

PS

Although there isn’t many knobs on the front panel of the AS-1 I figured I could assign some of the knobs on one of my Beatstep Pros’ to control it or maybe get a dedicated controller like a Novation or something

2 Likes

Ho do you get 10% off at Juno?

1 Like