Arturia Polybrute (All Models)

Minor detail, Arturia is also selling optional wooden legs for the PB. This attention to detail is something that’s special for Arturia.

22 Likes

Gorgeous

2 Likes

I think its a visual mess. PB and mod wheels in the wrong place, knob layout is a mess. That screen and button matrix, the front panel colour against the wood. Its just really ugly. In a messy way.

4 Likes

I’m on the other side on this one. I think it’s a beauty. They privileged the expressive wooden block over PB and MW. The layout is clever. The colour match really well with the wood.

5 Likes

Makes me pine for my Yamaha AN1x too - morphing is fun!

It’s definitely not on the same level visually with synths like the Summit, Prologue, or Super 6, but I think some will find it appealing to look at. Personally I don’t really like the look. I listened to all the sound demos though, and it’s piping hot in that department. I think they could have improved the look for me by losing the wood completely and going all steel.

1 Like

We haven’t had a good photo of the APB here yet.

1 Like

The sound is Solid and good, i guess? Didn’t hear something very special so far. Neutral character. Features are impressive, but doesnt really fire my Gas yet. I second the opinion that the SEM Filter and at least a uFreak digital oscillator would have broaden the sonic palette a lot.

A lot of info and some close up shots here:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/arturia-polybrute

2 Likes

“A large Master Cutoff knob sits between the two filters allowing you to adjust their cutoff frequencies simultaneously, but I fear that this will most often be used for creating manual filter sweeps because, for reasons that I can’t quite fathom, adolescent males never seem to get tired of doing this.

LOL

6 Likes

I like the front headphones jack and the close-up picture of the Morphée.

4 Likes

I just saw the promo video!

It’s amazing how not cringey it is!

3 Likes

it’s not a looker. sat on that wooden stand they’re selling for it, they’re heading into 80s yamaha organ looks.

4 Likes

What you sayin, Bruv?

10 Likes

Yeah I don’t particularly like the look of it, not sure why… it doesn’t appeal to me

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree more.

Yea pb and mod wheels have been moved up to make way for the morphee, and while that’s a subjective decision, it makes sense why they’d want to showcase this thing that has never existed on a synth before.

The knob layout is very logical.
OSC block, filter block, mod block, matrix, fx, sequencer near the matrix.

I think they nailed the layout, and I wish more instruments were this well done.

12 Likes

It will look nice in my studio if I can find a place to put it. My sweetwater rep tells me I have until November to figure that out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Arturia decided to hold ties with the MatrixBrute, both in synthesis elements and with the aesthetic design. Where they broke with the MB was with the decision to stress the creative and musical control interface. The Morphee outperforms the traditional wheels, and so sits center stage. They no doubt had considered eliminating the wheels entirely. I think the arrangement they made to retain the wheels, though displaced, was a wise one.

It is what it is, and we want what we want …

LOL…

And here I can’t remember the last time I saw such an organized control panel.

To each their own, I guess. :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

2020…the year when looks of Musical gear is more important than how it sounds…

5 Likes