Arturia Polybrute (All Models)

I have both. I find the OB-6 is more aggressive and fuller up front but that the Polybrute is just as capable; it just has more opportunities for gain staging. They’re both quite different too in terms of what they can do. The mod matrix and performance controls on the Polybrute are unrivalled in a single synth and for that alone I think it’s worth keeping. If that’s not for you, and you want a more limited but powerful synth, the OB-6 can certainly be a better match.

1 Like

Thanks!
How do the raw oscillators compare? Are they different? And if yes, in what way. Thank you!

I have the Ob6 and Polybrute. I like both but Polybrute is more versatile and i like it better as a poly analog , more balanced and less agressive. I don’t think the Ob6 sounds better but if you are really looking for THAT particular sound signature go for the Ob6. I kept the Ob6 because it’s a particular sound that a like but I don’t think it sounds fatter or whatever , just different.

4 Likes

The OB seems to have a bit more “bite” than the Polybrute. The SEM-based filter on the OB is a bit “juicier” for a lack of a better word, but it’s not nearly as flexible as the two filters on the Polybrute. I really feel like one is not better than the other. Just different.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Five new distortions! Yes! Dream come true

1 Like

Wow, this is actually quite a massive update!

Stoked to see Connect is now Apple Silicon native.

2 Likes

Is anyone having stuck note issues when using PB as a midi controller to control itself?

Had it with V2, was hoping V3 would fix it, but it’s got worse.

Local control off, receive midi from PB, send to an external instrument in live that sends to the PB.
Happens with and without Polybrute Connect. Only seems to happen when it’s receiving midi clock, and Live is playing.

Within 5 to 10 notes, I get a stuck note, have to change patch to release the note.

I’ve sent back my polybrute and went with the ob6 desktop … best hardware related decision i’ve ever made :v:

Why is there not more love for the polyrbrute?

I recently got it and im in love. It’s so expressive. I love its sound, motion recorder which is per love, the 3D controller, the amazing sequencer and touch strip.

1 Like

My one and only con is the size. It’s such a gorgeous synth and I love the looks. It’s just a monster and takes up a lot of space. But I think it’s a tier 1 incredible machine. Nothing but praise for it!

4 Likes

For my money it’s way out ahead of its peers in terms of design and innovation.

1 Like

Some also call its sound harsh simply because its oscillator has a metallizer + the filter a brute and distortion. Many presets utilise this and thats why people think the sound is harsh… :smiley:

Arturia is at Synth East - Norwich this week !

7 Likes

What keybed is this ?

Wow, that clip sounds really good. Reminded me of the Osmose right away. Exciting news!

Gearnews pulled down the page. What does that tell you ?

My guess Arturia isn’t planning to talk about this for a while. Can this sort of thing really be concealed now ?

EDITED : I’ve decide to delete the rest of this. This obviously was not leaked with Arturia’s knowledge or approval. The good news will keep.

1 Like

If you look at this closely, it looks like it follows the Keylab mk2 layout minus the drum pads and DAW transport/control section… so it could be more of a premium controller that leans towards Analog Lab??
The space left by the removal of the transports and drum pads looks suitable for a laptop too to me… :eyes:

2 Likes

Pure speculation on my part.

If this “thing” has the same keybed as the “thing” to it’s left, and my impression of that keybed is correct, a simplified front panel could still enclose an amazing performance instrument. ( Thinking of the simplified front panel on the Osmose. )

See my post on my impressions on the keybed.

1 Like