Arturia Polybrute (All Models)

Why is there not more love for the polyrbrute?

I recently got it and im in love. It’s so expressive. I love its sound, motion recorder which is per love, the 3D controller, the amazing sequencer and touch strip.

1 Like

My one and only con is the size. It’s such a gorgeous synth and I love the looks. It’s just a monster and takes up a lot of space. But I think it’s a tier 1 incredible machine. Nothing but praise for it!

4 Likes

For my money it’s way out ahead of its peers in terms of design and innovation.

1 Like

Some also call its sound harsh simply because its oscillator has a metallizer + the filter a brute and distortion. Many presets utilise this and thats why people think the sound is harsh… :smiley:

Arturia is at Synth East - Norwich this week !

7 Likes

What keybed is this ?

Wow, that clip sounds really good. Reminded me of the Osmose right away. Exciting news!

Gearnews pulled down the page. What does that tell you ?

My guess Arturia isn’t planning to talk about this for a while. Can this sort of thing really be concealed now ?

EDITED : I’ve decide to delete the rest of this. This obviously was not leaked with Arturia’s knowledge or approval. The good news will keep.

1 Like

If you look at this closely, it looks like it follows the Keylab mk2 layout minus the drum pads and DAW transport/control section… so it could be more of a premium controller that leans towards Analog Lab??
The space left by the removal of the transports and drum pads looks suitable for a laptop too to me… :eyes:

2 Likes

Pure speculation on my part.

If this “thing” has the same keybed as the “thing” to it’s left, and my impression of that keybed is correct, a simplified front panel could still enclose an amazing performance instrument. ( Thinking of the simplified front panel on the Osmose. )

See my post on my impressions on the keybed.

1 Like

The centre jog wheel looks to have a display, which makes sense… but looking at it more, that’s a lot of body depth/real estate for it to ‘just’ be a controller… maybe it’s a self contained/standalone Analog Lab type synth??

4 Likes

Good work cleaning up that image. You must work for the CIA. That’s kind of what i imagined from the blur, but now I can see.

That’s made for playing not controlling in my opinion.

1 Like

Actually the next BIG show for Arturia will be SynthFest France, Apr 19-21. All the French companies will be there.

2 Likes

I guess if that leak is true I should start saving up. Always wanted the polybrute but it is rather costly for a hobby musician and the 6 voices (rather than 8) always bugged me. If they were to release a 12 voice version I probably can’t hold back

1 Like

The center wheel is definitely a display. There are like 2 or 3 frames at the end of that video where it comes into focus.

IMG_4192

Time is a flat circle?

2 Likes

Dreaming that Arturia also goes the other way and release a stripped back 49 key 6 voice version. The current 61 key is just too big, and this in a “sequential style” case would be very appealing. I would take an lfo (or adsr) less, only one (multimode) filter, smaller mod matrix, some sequencer/effects functions moved to a screen etc… Maybe that would kill what makes this so powerful idk?

3 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. Not only is the front panel completely full of controls, the inside is packed. source

Hydra is digital.