Arturia Minifreak - 6-voice hybrid synth with 37 keys and FX engine

I’m not trying to do any math today @Jukka!

3 Likes

I imagine the market’s about to get flooded with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A FROG!!! :frog:

2 Likes

Yea, I see you can feed one into the other, but it’s not completely clear that engine 2 can be a sound source in it’s own right … other than the often used phrase ‘2 oscillators’ … which kind of suggests they can be independent.

1 Like

I’ve always meant to get one for the control surface…

2 Likes

So, when the “Freak” comes out with full size keys and metal enclosure, I might be interested in it. :smiley: Actually really like much of the Micro version. Not interested in mini-keys though.

I imagine that will be the Polyfreak… if they take it that far.

3 Likes

Right you are!

1 Like

its greyer than I thought

Pretty much doubled up on eveyrthing awesome about the Microfreak + added FX to shore up the weakest part (lack of FX) and 3 slots! Please release a module version! :laughing:

2 Likes

599 € Street price (in Europe). Not bad.

3 Likes

Bunch of videos are up, sounds gorgeous :+1:

1 Like

If it has two sound engines could they be split to make it bi-timbral on two separate midi channels? (3+3 or 1+5)

1 Like

Probably easier, and cheaper, to have 2 Microfreaks and a controller.

why is there no touch keyboard with 49 keys :alien:

1 Like

Or greener …

without the touch keys, it’s not really a freak.

7 Likes
  • OLED display for real-

Thank god, I hated the fake one on the Microfreak.

But real talk, LFO designer. That’s cool, haven’t seen that on any device outside the Octatrack (maybe exists, just haven’t personally ran into one).

The Microfreak was good, but really wanted FX to reach it’s potential. This looks like a solid upgrade.

3 Likes

This looks good. Just don’t care for a version with keys. Hopefully soon they will make a desktop version

3 Likes