Arturia AudioFuse 16 Rig

I don’t know. All the Fuse interfaces — even the existing rack mount — are very hands on with lots of knobs. This has a screen and soft buttons. Could be it’s 24-channel or something so hands-on controls weren’t feasible. But this reads more like a settings-and-presets UI to me.

Also, all the Fuse interfaces have that wonky “Arturia” button on them to launch the control center on the PC to manage FX in software. Having hardware to do that could expand Arturia’s addressable market considerably. Might be worth chasing eventide for?

But this is also a fair bit of wishful thinking on my part. I really don’t care about another audio interface and want to be excited about this :slight_smile:

If it’s an audio interface I don’t care at all, but if this is some kind of hardware fx unit that would be pretty interesting.

2 Likes

Audio interface it is.

2 Likes

Anything else would have been pretty crazy

People want synths and FX as desktop or eurorack and a studio focussed box is a pretty dead market that’s owned by strong incumbents like Eventide.

Duuuuuude no, most dissapointing. This is like releasing a new brand of white bread.

Can we please rename this thread so people don’t accidentally click on something so boring lol.

1 Like

Very nice! The big question will be: how good are the drivers? RME is rocksteady. I would consider this unit seriously if these drivers are as good…

I mean, I’m probably niche, but I would have paid exorbitant amounts of money for a 1U rack capable of running FX Collection or V Collection stand alone.

The 1U audio interface market feels much more owned by much stronger incumbents, by comparison. I guess I just don’t see a lot special here other than this 16+ADAT USB-C interface has Fuse in it’s name? Looks great but there are a bunch of those already.

2 Likes

It’s a busy market, but it’s a huge market that’s not going anywhere.

Ultimately an FX collection in a box would just end up being a Linux PC in a rack and you could build that yourself if you were so inclined

1 Like

If a Linux rack running FX Collection headless is what you were imagining, I can see why you might not think there would be a market for it.

But it could be slightly more ambitious. For starters it could incorporate the same mixing/routing capabilities as the 16Rig, then add the ability to route or send through various stacks of FX as well. An OLED screen could provide access to preset lists with controls assignable to hands-on front-panel controls. Additional modulation could be provided via MIDI or CV. USB or MIDI could give access to full parameters or the ability to set up your own presets…

Feels like a lot of work for me to set up on my own with Debian.

1 Like

Not a bad setup from Arturia there. 16 analog in and 8 out, good amount of ADAT connectivity, word clock, MIDI, standalone operation, two headphone outs.

Don’t think there’s anything in this price range quite so fully featured. If it sounds good and performs well, definitely not a bad buy. Sure it’s boring, but it’s boring in a good way.

5 Likes

indeed, what others couldn’t do, Arturia nailed it

Called it :smirk:

Sonic State have a look :

1 Like

that jog wheel looks expensive.

2 Likes

It all looks pretty well built and fully featured.

1 Like

In my limited experience Arturia is not concerned with shipping weight.

4 Likes

My knowledge of the interface market is pretty lacking - is there another 1u interface that has 16 ins, 8 outs, and can be used stand alone? On paper this thing looks pretty exciting. At this exact moment I’m not sure it’s worth $1500 and the hassle of selling my two 18i20s, but it’s definitely intriguing.

3 Likes

The very old now Motu 16A still looks like a better value to me and also probably has better converters (and definitely drivers). Unfortunately they haven’t been in stock in forever due to supply chain, but it shouldn’t be long now.

1 Like

Don’t worry, it also shouldn’t be long now until the Arturia is out of stock for the same reasons.

As you say I think it would be cool, but it would probably need to cost thousands and would go up against something like a Helix rack, or a Zoia.

Given all the UIs are designed for a high res screen it would also be a right faff to get a decent UI that wasn’t just an iPad.

1 Like