Artsy soundscapes or just Ambient perhaps

This is my artsy alter ego, torpid carnal. Created this as a project where all the songs have to be created in about a day. Not a lot of mixing or editing. Just a way of finishing a few things quickly and throwing them out somewhere. Check it out if you want :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Good stuff

some really interesting sounds and ideas… very good

Really neat stuff. Would love to find out about your processes.

Thanks for the compliments guys, warms the ol ticker :slight_smile:

As for the process, it’s kind of hard to detail. It’s sort of improvising with ableton, just trying to create a song structure, fast, out of found sounds and synths. It’s sort of a blur with this project as opposed to other more beat-oriented music that i do, and never finish :smiley: But yeah, mainly just trying to get some kind of melody and ambience going and then build it out quickly. For the song i shared here I got most of the song structure in place as an ambient piece, and then just improvised some vocals over it and cut it a bit to remove parts that really didn’t work.

Hope that made some sense, but this is the thing i do that I can intellectualise the least, and i guess that’s sort of a good thing :slight_smile: