Arranger tempo per pattern

In the manual, it says this about the arranger:

“Rows with dedicated BPM settings are indicated with a “B”. If no setting is
made in this column the pattern will play according to the main BPM setting.”

However, if I make a dedicated BPM setting for a pattern in the middle of my arrangement, the master project tempo gets changed permanently. I would expect the tempo to go back to the main project tempo on the next pattern in the arrangement without a dedicated BPM setting.

Any one know what’s up with this?

Do I have to manually set the tempo of each of my arrangement rows if I change one?

Thanks!

Well, setting the original tempo on the next pattern is a workaround to this problem.

1 Like

Yeah, the tempo is kind of a non-fixed thing within a OT project. it’s kind of annoying. I would have at least like to be able to set tempo per bank. or be able to set tempo as a p-lock, so you could effectively set it at the start of a pattern, or be able to make a pattern slide up from one tempo to another.

But of course, from an arrangement point of view. setting the main tempo at the start of the arrangement, and at each change isn’t really too much hassle, yeah?

Any certain pattern and another pattern doesn´t have to be related in any way, not even in the same song from a end-user perspective. Thus the OT (Arranger) doesn´t assume anything regarding its settings per row.

So yeah, the ‘workaround’ (changing BPM per row) isn´t really an workaround per se but more of a logical structure of the rows and the Arranger. Anyone, can use the rows in the way they prefer. And as such an Arrangement can be a song, or a setlist of songs, or a middleway of both for improvisations within ‘boundaries’.

It may not fit all, but many are able to adapt with little adjustments.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It all makes sense now. The manual had me a little confused.

I think as long as you know that a dedicated tempo change in the arranger permanently changes the tempo until the next dedicated tempo change, then you are set.

Question: Is there a way to manually trigger patterns and have them obey the dedicated tempo settings which were set in the arranger?

You can step through the rows in an arrangement manually using [UP] (or [DOWN]) followed [ENTER/YES]. See page 107 of the manual.

You can hop in and out of the Arranger mode as you wish.

Hi, I want to assign different tempo in each pattern trig, is that possible?

Possible for each Arranger row.

3 Likes

Hi, you mean with arrangement / ARR MODE?

Talking about Octatrack’s Arranger.
Only 2 pages to read in the manual. :content:

2 Likes