Arpeggiator

When you get the hang of it, press fn and arp and prepare yourself for a whole new world of fun

Hm yes I have explored arp setup a bit, but I really really want to fully understand it I guess. I donā€™t understand the designers intention I suppose

Thank you gentlemen

2 Likes

Yeah, Elektron boxes are a bit daunting at first. I freaked out a few times before I got the hang of it. When I discovered what a p lock was I got so overwhelmed by all the possibilities that I stared at the synth from the other end of the room.

Elektron sells two main things with their machines: a focus on sound design and a workflow. A bit of a learning curve to get in the flow, but once youā€™re in it it becomes a preferred method, I feel

1 Like

Thatā€™s how I felt about trig conditions ha! Also that ā€œentering all four notes at onceā€ thing must be new because it didnā€™t work like that before I updated it :confused:

1 Like

Ha! Yeah, I canā€™t figure out an ideal way to use trig conditions on the A4. The Rytm itā€™s great though.

When I get a spare moment I want to make an entire song where every trig is set at 50% and just have chance bang it out

Iā€™m trying to do a long arpeggiation throughout a track. I can do a hold, but itā€™s hard to get things in time with the sequencer that way ā€” and I canā€™t figure out how to sequence this arp riff so that it plays continuously and smooth throughout, while in time with the other sequenced tracks. Iā€™m hitting a brick wall ā€” any help would be awesome and I will sing your praises to people you donā€™t know!

see above and elsewhere too - Arpeggiator

most questions have already been answered, best to develop ideas in existing threads where lots of users are already posting/notified

Hold Trig in step mode then dial in or play chord

2 Likes

On a techno dub track I already used trig conditions on the chords trackā€¦ Some set with slow attack, other a bit like retrigs and linked together with PREā€¦
Very interesting !

Now I wish this had been recorded :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to program this rather than play thisā€¦
Consider setting the trigs when the ARP must change.
Then hold trig and enter your chord.
Set hold to maxā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll try that! I havenā€™t actually been trying to tap into any genre, but I DO want to experiment with making some dub

Thanks for the tip. Question: So when I repeat this for all four tracks (3 notes each), I am able to play all the Arps at once (awesome) - So Iā€™m guessing that even though I have three notes triggered inf on each track(on first trig), ultimately there is only 4 notes being sounded simultaneously and therefore all four Arps can trig at once, correct?

Yep, indeed

1 Like

Iā€™m really surprised Elektron has not added PLocks for the arpeggiator. Canā€™t be that big of a dealā€¦

1 Like

No plocks, no lfo dest, no midi CC/NRPN control, no midi out, no sequencer syncing when playedā€¦:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

CC for arp settings would be sick. Length, rate, play typeā€¦

1 Like

I have pored through previous related posts but still canā€™t find the solution for thisā€¦

The problem: When I hold down a trig and then hold down a chord to manually sequence an arpeggio, I hear the arp play, but when I then press play, only the first note sounds.

I have an MK1 which I just upgraded to OS 1.51, so I am under the impression this shouldnā€™t be a bugā€¦ But I have tried all combinations of length, speed, legato, and so on, and searched through global menus, note menus, everywhere looking for some possible related setting, but I just canā€™t solve this. Live recording arpeggios seems to work fine, but Iā€™d like the greater control of being able to manually enter arpeggios so that I can more easily change chords within 16 steps.

Do you have the lenght of the trig long enough? (NOT the length in the Arp menu)

Sounds to me like the trig is too short

If you want the arp to play half a bar, the note / trig has to be this lenght

4 Likes

You are my hero! I had been thinking the LEN parameter in either the ARP, AMP, or ENV was what people were referring to in other threads, but somehow had missed that setting under NOTE! I just tested it out, and yes, I can now easily program four chords into 16 steps :smile:

7 Likes