Korg ARP Odyssey

1 Like

Whoa.

Nice!

odyssey of awesomeness

I also think this is really cool for David Friend. He may’ve never thought he’d see the day.

This is really exciting news. Even though I like Korg bringing back the MS20, it’s not my cup of tea. But if they are starting to re-boot other companies synths as well, this could be huge. Someone up there is making many right decissions lately.

Ooh tasty. I get the impression there gonna out class roland at every turn. Imagine if they decide to do pro volcas too of a general higher quality/spec. :slight_smile:

That’s awe. I couldn’t even dream of this. Yamaha should wake up too. Roland is lost already…

:astonished:

Damn, they are on a roll. Korg & Elektron are the two most interesting manufacturers right now. Way to let all the air of out Roland’s Aira balloon.

Also, is this a great time to be into synths, or what?

the money that was going to the MS2O kit… is now going to THIS!!!

SO EXCITED

Absolutely. It’s a great time to be into synths if you have the money for them! :smiley: Damnit, I can’t afford all these alluring sirens of sounds. I’d be all over a Mono/Poly remake though. Man, imagine them doing that at one point. Damn.

I think my A4 playing an insane seq. on the arp odyssey while the analog rytm kicks out crazy beats its my idea of heaven.

Hi everyone,

Can anybody owning a Korg Arp Odyssey give some insight about the sound quality ? I really like what I’m hearing on some demos, it really resonate with me but I can’t try one in person so I’m worried that there’s some unseen limitations that hit me when I finally get one.

The sound is exceptionally good, super huge and raw and the filters are awesome. It’s an awesome synth, I would recommend the module because they fixed a few issues with the original release and because of the awesome angled beefy steel case. Really a flawless instrument in my opinion, feature complete, will never need a software update, lots of I/O, and most importantly one of the best sounding synths I have ever heard.

2 Likes

Sold ! I was going for the module anyway, but that’s good to know.
I’m still hesitating between the Rev1 & Rev3, the rev1 is really beautiful but the price difference is a bit steep.

Yeah Rev1 looks fantastic but I saw both in person and found the finish and color scheme of the Rev3 to be much more attractive actually. Go with your heart though my dude. Odyssey is capable of some really wild patches and even though it’s not a completely open ended architecture with every single feature you can imagine, I’ve never found it to be lacking anything. I use a Korg SQ-1 for additional modulation sent to the pedal input, so you should get one of those to go with it.

1 Like

Just got the rev3, it’s cheaper, the feeling of the sliders is pretty amazing, it’s fun to use, and it sounds great !

1 Like

Yeah dude!!! They feel so silky and fun to use!

1 Like

The lack of preset is also is a plus for me. It sounds stupid but I’m so lazy, if there’s nothing forcing me to make my own sound I tend to just use presets. :laughing:

Dang has anyone recently picked up any version of the kArp? Or using it a lot lately? I just love it. Share any good audio clips?

1 Like