Arp INF setting carries over to next pattern

I know I listed this for the OT but I find this happens with the DN as well. When I have a MIDI arp set to INF the arp carries over then the next pattern starts. Similarly I find this happens with the DN using the regular track arp. Has anyone had a solution for this?

Maybe start the new pattern with a trigless locked to the new parameter.

2 Likes

I guess Inf will continue to play until either a new trig is encountered, or on the Octatrack you have ‘start silent’ activated under pattern settings and the new pattern is linked to a different part.

Like @Blasted_pingin already mentioned, a trigless trig to stop the arp or a regular trig with velocity works.

2 Likes

I think this makes sense. The arp settings are features of the Part, not the Pattern.

3 Likes

I will have to look into this “start silent” option. Still finding things out about this thing 2 years on. Thanks.

Hey i was experiencing (on the digitone) this same thing and was about to make a post about it but saw this thread. Changing the length of the note (TRIG page) solved it for me.

1 Like

I had considered this but does it retrigger the arp every pass as opposed to being a true hold?

Well it should retrigger ever time the seq passes over the note but if you are changing patterns that should not apply. But if you have a trig set to “INF” it will play indefinitely even if you change patterns. Even if you mute the track. The only way to get it to stop is by doing a hard stop (double tap stop) or turning down the track volume.

1 Like