Arp doesn't stop

i’m having some issue with the arp:

i setup a plain sequence with two notes triggering the arp - so far so good.
When i start the sequencer the arp starts to run. Now when i stop by an Midi-Stop command the sequencer stops … and the arp too, but after a few seconds it suddenly comes back plying endlessly.
Any thoughts on this?
I checked the Midicomands wich are received by the Mnm … it’s only start, stop, clock
if i hit the stop button on the machine itself the arp stops as expected

no one?

It doesn’t stop. Blessing in disguise

2 Likes

bist der selbe verstärker aus dem sequencer.de forum? was dein problem angeht, ich hatte auch schon einige male, das eine sequenz wieder los ging nach stoppen der DAW. kann es nicht mehr genau sagen, aber ich glaube, ich hatte die Mono mit Ableton Live als Master gesynct. irgendwann, nach ein paar sekunden, ging die sequenz (oder war es der Arp?) wieder los bei stetig ansteigender lautstärke. da blieb mir dann nur ein paar mal auf die Stoptaste zu kloppen um dem einhalt zu gewähren und meine ohren zu schonen. woran das aber liegen könnte weiss ich selbst nicht. nervt zwar, ist aber nicht ganz so tragisch. man brauch ja nur zwei mal auf stop drücken.

we shouldn’t write in german here

I know I can just hit stop to prevent this to happen … but I’m not necessarily sitting in front of the Mnm when I record something . I don’t want to walk to my Mnm each time and stop it manually. It’s especially annoying as I have a setup were I can stop separate midi-clocks in order to have some control from a central place of wich machine is running or not

I hope to find a solution to prevent the mnm doing this

that’s the way the arp is made to work, intended to be a feature but not so in all cases. i’m not in front of my mnm now, but here’s a possible workaround:

the arp only runs when it’s triggered by a multinote trig. somewhere in the sequence, enter some single-note trigs so the arp is only running for most of your pattern instead of the whole thing. if you need to stop your sequence, wait to do so until right after one of the single-note trigs and the issue should (?) disappear.