ARMkII FX Sends sending even after being turned off

Hey, is anyone having this problem?
One of my tracks / pads is being sent to the reverb fx, but the individual send itself is turned off. So, i have all this reverb on the kick drum, but there is nothing i can do to turn it off. Turning the send up to max and minimum again doesn’t fix it. Only way to kill the verb is to turn down the master volume of the reverb itself

Reloading the project doesn’t fix it.

Turning the unit back off and on does fix it…until at some point the issue comes back.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Firmware 1.45b Analog Rytm MkII

Are any other fx on it.
Eg
Is delay on it ?, with delay possibly also sending to reverb ? ( otherboxes can do this , I haven’t used my ar for a while )

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, delay is turned down too, so that not it. P-Locks are all set correctly too.

Check how the effects are routed in settings. I think this used to be a problem with the original effects routing, and then the RTYM got an option for changing that in settings some years back.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Ive been playing with it a bit more. I think it happens occasionally when performing actions such as saving a project.

I have Project 1 loaded. Everything is fine.
I save Project 1, and suddenly a bunch of my kits and patterns are (audibly not visually) sending to the reverb, and some other sounds mess up- become tinny and have this squeal resonance thing going on.

Im now wondering if it’s not so much as a reverb send problem so much as the whole unit just freaking out.

Might be a repair issue? Would it make sense for me to reinstall the current firmware you think?

You might want to do a factory reset by holding the FUNC key when powering on, then reinstalling the latest OS. Before that though run the test sequence on that FUNC + power up screen and see if you get any errors first.

If you have reverb turned up in the delay FX page: The delay sends to the reverb even when the delay itself is turned down! I unexpectedly liked this when I naturally encountered it once. Maybe it has something to do with the delay/reverb pre/post routing… can someone else help with that part of it, or should I read the manual?

1 Like

Thanks!

Test function shows ok. Did the resets, re-updated the firmware and also tried the Beta firmware. Was just using it 30 minutes ago and out of nowhere various tracks in different kits started sending the delay and reverb while the sends were off, and other tracks got all glitched out. Im going to reset everything again, and start a support ticket, the unit may need replacing im guessing. Shitty as I have a show in 11 days :frowning:

Thanks for you help guys.

Do u have any other gear plugged in , sending midi cc’s into the ar2 ?

Nope, its the master clock and sending MIDI out only. I guess technically it is connected to a computer via USB as well but there are no apps sending MIDI to it as far as Im aware.

Im actually starting to isolate it…i think.
I often switch between projects…ones where i just sequentially save the same project as i make changes, and I sometimes jump back / load to a previous version to compare.

I have noticed that after loading a project, the kits load in the background, and can take perhaps 15 seconds to fully load.

Im testing the theory that starting playback while they are loading in the background has a small chance of glitching everything out and messing the sends.

Im testing all this today, will let you guys know.

Ok, an update.

I steered clear of starting the sequencer when kits were loading in the background, and I had 0 issues over 2 days. I thought this was a successful work around.

Today the issue came back 2 times while I was in the middle of performing. No load or save operations going on. Though i had transferred 300mb of samples to the unit 30 minutes prior, none of which were being used in the project.

Going to see if the place i bought it from will do me a favor and give me a replacement even through it out of the return window. If not, ill just have to play a gig with it and cross my fingers / re-boot it in the middle of a set if it freaks out, and set up a support ticket / warranty return afterwards.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Maybe recreate it on small project , back it up and send it into elektron on support card .

Do you get it on any demo patterns or only your own stuff ?

My own projects, though the demo session was the original source.

I dont really have any more time to test at this point, have to be productive now. I have a replacement unit set up to grab. If the issue continues on the new machine then I’ll go deeper into solving it. Cheers.