ARMK2 Elektron Sound Pack demo project issue

I’m having a hard time loading the demo projects of Elektron Sound Packs. Here is the workflow and the issue :

I start with a new project.

Transferring samples to the AR works fine using Elektron Transfer.

The order in which the samples are loaded to the AR, depends on the order they are dropped in the Transfer “Drop files here” box, hence the order they are sorted in the Finder (mac) or Explorer (win) before drag’n’dropping. This detail will have its importance later.

Ok, now I want to load the demo project .syx file of the sound pack containing patterns and kits,
with scene and performance macros. I guess Transfer is the only option on Mac as c6 is no longer supported. As of today, the official Elektron “How-to load sound packs” still refers to c6 for this operation. Nevermind, I set the AR to sysex dump > sysex receive > anything > receive any as stated in the how-to guide, then drop the project demo .syx into Transfer.

Then, the trouble begins. The result is utterly inconsistant and erratic. I’ve tried this with 3 different sound packs yet (Reamped Drums, Total Tabla and Junkyard), all supposed to have 16 patterns and 16 kits with scene and performance macros.

1. Kits are usually loaded fine but in some cases I get no patterns at all, sometime only a few and in rare cases all 16.

2. Samples are referred to by number, but as explained earlier, this order depends on how they were sorted on the computer before transfer… Without any reference on how the project should sound, I have no clue whether the referred samples are the right ones. It sure is not alphabetical order which assigns a Cymbal sample to the Kick in Reamped Drums Sound Pack… Could it be by date of creation ? I’m investigating this, but again without any reference on how the project should sound, it is difficult to figure out.

Anyway, I’ll continue experimenting but I’m curious to hear you people :

• Have you ever managed to run Sound Pack demo projects on an ARMK2 ?
  • Could my unit be faulty ?
  • How do you order samples to be sure they are referred to correctly by the kits.
  • Is there any reference of how the sound pack demo project should sound ?

Thanks !