Are They All Gone?

I noticed the mono machine had disappeared completely from musicians friend… prior it had a “arriving in july” page. just called them, and the guy was confused… he sees no incoming shipments on his end (they had ordered 35) but also no cancelation notices are being flagged on any of the orders. so, its not looking good but its also not 100% not happening. He seemed generally confused at the status.

I’m in the same boat friend. I’m still hoping that means elektron is sending the last orders to distributors with the 1-4 week shipping lead time they advertised for direct orders from their site. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.

Hi,

I don’t know if this is cause for alarm to people who still have hope. But Bax-shop send back my money for the monomachine I ordered. The strange thing is, when the funeral announcement was made, they told me they we’re excepting to deliver.

I’ve had a pending Monomachine order from B&H Photo with no indication of the order being fulfilled or cancelled. I ordered it just after the discontinuation announcement during a very brief time when B&H had an “add to cart” button on the product page (it had been removed for months, replaced with a “notify me when in stock” option). At the time, the site indicated that more were “on the way” - now replaced with “backordered”. I am not sure if this means that I manage to sneak in to a narrow window of available incoming units or if B&H simply made an error. I’m going to wait it out and hope… my Octatrack needs a friend.

I had talked with my sales guy at Sweetwater in getting me a MnM and he got back with me yesterday and said "Unfortunately I am not able to get you a monomachine. They will not be sending us as many as they thought. ". So, it seems a few people that pre-ordered early might get one but that’s all. I’ll have to find one second hand or hope they put out an updated version of the MD and MnM. :zonked:

@Scot_Solida - I managed to order a MnM from B&H during the short time window you describe. I was nervous after the discontinuation announcement so I e-mailed their support to get confirmation that I reserved an incoming unit. They got back to me Thursday saying they expect to have them in stock mid July and will ship as soon as they are delivered to their warehouse. Sounds promising to me.

@_serge sorry for your bad luck but I am also somewhat relieved to hear that another distributor has confirmed at least some units are on the way.

Still a little worrying overall as it sounds like stock might be uncertain because of manufacturing/parts difficulties or whatever. Now it’s time to play the waiting game…

barnacles: Thanks - this gives me some bit of hope to hang on to!

Addendum: I just got an email from B&H stating that they expect mine too is to be shipped out by the 10th of the month. My hopes are high (but not so much that I’ll pull the trigger on a two-tier stand until I get a tracking number…)

That sucks. Bought from Elektron.se?

No I bought one from baxshop in holland. They said they could deliver until 2 days ago. I kind of felt that was going to happen after they we’re sold out immediately on elektron.se after the ‘funeral’ announcement. Bummer…

I’m in the same boat in the US. Placed an order… seemed they would be getting stock… now it seems like they are not. :’(

It really hurt when I got that news because it was the machine I was waiting for the most. It looks so strange compared to other synths I just got to have one.

I also live in Belgium and have more or less the same story: ordered a MM from Bax (Belgium) but it doesn’t seem they can deliver one. I got a mail a few days ago they couldn’t get them anymore. The next day I got a mail there was to be a delay in delivery and it would come in two weeks. The day after that again a mail they simply couldn’t deliver. This confusion gives me a little bit of hope. Maybe somehow one will slip through?

They already asked for my IBAN so if they would come in again I’m screwed and wouldn’t have one anyway I would actually be kind of pissed would still be able to deliver after returning my money. What about you, Nicholson, did they ask for your IBAN?

They first gave me the choice to ask for my money back (by giving IBAN) or choose an alternative but I didn’t react immediately and the next day I got the message it would come in a few weeks. Now that I got the third message (saying it isn’t coming) I’m still inclined to wait at least until after the week they said it might come. (I mailed to ask whether that was a good idea, but didn’t get an answer on that yet).
But let’s face it: the chances seem very slim either of us is getting one. Maybe later on, when people start selling them again we’ll be able to get a second hand one? I’m sure some of the people who bought one now did so just because of the news it would no longer be available only to discover in a few weeks or months that they don’t really like the Monomachine all that much after all.

At least, that’s what I’m hoping for…

If you are in Canada, Long & McQuade just got a shipment. I got an email that the Machinedrum non-UW I ordered on May 22 is in, as well as the Monomachine I ordered on June 24. I put a deposit on both units to bump me up the waiting list.

They are not listed on their website any more, so you will have to call stores individually. I would try the main city stores first, like Bloor, Vancouver, etc. Good luck fellow Hosers.

Thanks for the heads-up. How much are they selling MnM’s for?

my vintage audio king order ended up coming in! it arrived two days ago but i didn’t get to start messing with it until last nite. started with an empty reset last nite and started building my first kit. is it customary for elektron to insert a picture of your forum avatar into the manual? o_0

2 Likes

I think $1025 or thereabout.

I’m feeling increasingly distressed that I didn’t manage to get one (after starting this thread!).

If anyone get’s a sniff of a reduced MnM in the UK please let me know. :cry:

Lol. Called long and Mcquade and the guy helping me was so retarded he couldn’t spell machinedrum.