Are They All Gone?

My last chance order at Sweetwater was canceled. :cry:

Maybe after namm some reasonably priced :elmm: will show up on ebay.

I finally received my Monomachine today from Musician’s Friend after an 8 month backorder.

I have “BATTERY LOW” message on startup.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh well. I sent in my Rytm for screen replacement under warranty a few months ago, no problems. Elektron support is pretty decent.

1 Like

This is my hope, as well.

1 Like

All changes are wiped when I turn off the monomachine…

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Yea, that’s what the battery does, or doesn’t when it is dead.
Have you contacted Elektron yet about getting that fixed?

Reach out. Elektron will fix the battery.

1 Like

Yeah, I sent a ticket. Its a bummer to have to send it in for the new battery, but I’ll get over it. I’m still happy to get one. I’ve been waiting for so long and my backorders kept getting cancelled from multiple websites. I didn’t think any of my orders would actually go through until this shipped on monday.

I have a bit of luck on my side. I received a monomachine after all. Sweetwater canceled my order, Guitar Center canceled my order. But when I saw on this board that they might have more I ordered again, and Guitar Center delivered. :thumbsup: :elmm:

2016-06 build date, no battery issue.

3 Likes

How do you find the build date?

Edit NVM: Found the tiny print on the bottom. Mine also says 2016-06. Same batch, but yours doesn’t have a dead battery. Weird…

Good job snagging one though. Guitar center cancelled my order three times!

mine finally came back late last weekend (no bag or cover for me though) after sending it in for the battery. so far so good, but mine actually took a few weeks before the battery died. sucks that yours arrived dead but at least you can go ahead and get it out of the way before creating a bunch of kits/patterns.

1 Like

:flushed:

I will have to play with my a lot then to make sure it’s good.

Is it just the batter that needs to be replaced? Or does the CPU need to be swapped out too?

looks like my repair was just the battery and “battery holder.” here’s the parts list from my service order:

Spare part: MD MM OT Battery Holder
Spare Part: Battery AK AF OT MD MM CR2450

looks like a cr2450 is just a $2 watch battery -_-

Pretty much every synth uses these kind of batteries; they’re cheap, reliable, leak-free, and last for years and years…

2 Likes

Just got mine. Only powered it up a few times, but I am surprised (though shouldn’t be, I know) about how BIG it sounds! And different from the Akeys. I feel REALLY luck to have snagged one.

2 Likes

Starting to get anxious… Haven’t heard anything except for a generic backorder notification from Musicians Friend. Glad more people are getting theirs but I’m ready for my turn!

1 Like

same with my guitar center order. everytime i call i get a different runaround. basically they don’t know whats going on. so i emailed Elektron directly and they said they aren’t shipping any more monomachines. i am guessing for those of us that haven’t received ours recently, we are probably out of luck. time to start trolling ebay i guess. :cry:

1 Like

Got the call today… My order from Musicians Friend is officially canceled… Apparently they did not get the expected quantity in their final order from elektron.