Are there many scammers on audiofanzine? is it safe when using looper pay?

just checking if anyone has any experience there. is user feedback trustworthy? sc@mmerz?

I’d Say it’s pretty safe, there are scammers but no more than everywhere else and there a dedicated thread to report dubious sales.

I personally bought some synths there and never had any issue. Looper adds another layer of protection too ( the seller gets the money only when you confirm the item is as described )

3 Likes

cool, thanks :jack_o_lantern:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got a very scammy experience going on.
I’ve contacted looper and will describe my experience when I get a response.

I think you had better ask about the virus LCD in a thread like

This sounds important to know immediately. Hopefully someone in this audiofanzine thread knows the immediate facts about this site’s policies.

2 Likes

Looper is very safe in my experience. I sold and bought many items on AF and never had any issue so far. Support from Looper is reactive and helpful.

2 Likes

I’ve sold and bought a large amount of gear on through Audiofanzine, but have not used Looper many times. It feels quite trusty, though.
As I’ve been there for 20+ years now, I’ve read about a couple of scams. I also read suspicious adds on a regular basis (say 10 a year), more or less as much as on some other famous french add website. But honestly, given the fact you can consult the members evaluations/forum interventions/subscription date, it’s quite safe.

Not here to give lessons but here are a couple of my red lines:

• the seller does not want to speak on the phone
  • the seller will attract you out of audiofanzine for talking, e.g. “please join me on whatsapp only”.
  • the seller makes it very difficult to organize a pick up.

That being said, I read last year a bad experience testimony and honestly, if I had been the buyer, I think I would have fallen in the trap. Bref :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My expérience with AF is very good. Never had a problem. There since 2007, more than 30 sell/buy experience.
Looper is secure, as far as i heard about. Friend of mine has been refunded after an indelicate seller send him non acceptable gear with lot of problem on it.
But, this does’nt free you from being prudent. The rule of @stiiiiiiive seems the basics to avoid problems.

3 Likes

Hello, I use many times AF and looper, never had problems.

1 Like

Most of the gear I posted here and on Audiofanzine got quickly sold there (I think that this is due to their option to set an alert whenever a piece of gear is put on sale), and I never had any problem - but I am also quite careful when buying/selling used gear online.

2 Likes

it’s weird, there’s zero elektron gear on the audiofanzine classifieds atm. not even any dt1’s :grin:
did something happen or is it just by chance?

Let me see: I read yesterday that the DT1 ads had rocketed the minute the DT2 was announced…

Hmm ok, second degré :smiley:

yea thought I heard that too.

maybe they all use reverb now or somethin 🤷

You mean: scammers?

no, just sellers :grin:

I hijacked my own thread to ask a different question relating to audiofanzine

You mean 143?

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/elektron/petites-annonces/

24 for DT alone:

https://fr.audiofanzine.com/bar/elektron/digitakt/petites-annonces/

2 Likes

amazin, thanks Dalai.

dunno what I was doing there. I was in the wrong section or somethin :laughing:
https://en.audiofanzine.com/classifieds/

Oh, you were in the EN version of it, that’s why…

1 Like

ahh :sweat_smile::pray: