Are there any examples of the A4 doing something other than dance music, techno or IDM?

this maybe. don‘t know how to classify it :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Just check them out yourself. They are instruments and it’s up to us, what we use it for. If you like the sound and the workflow of an instrument and you can afford it and want it, get it.

There is an excellent video by Nick Batt from SonicState, where he is reviewing the sound engine of the Analogue Keys. He does it like on any other synth and digs not too deep in the Elektron way.

i make some folk and trip hop sometimes…

1 Like

This video is fantastic to me.

1 Like

i would say that most of the reason the A4 or any elektron might sound more oriented to electronic music is due to the features / specs of the elektron sequencer. You don’t see many videos of the A4 being played without it being sequenced in some shape or form.

You can definitely just play it without sync and achieve different different styles of music with it. Even using the sequencer i’ve gotten some pretty gnarly hats and snares out of it that fit in nicely with hip-hop/rap style production.

1 Like

Here is a list of my favorite artists that come to mind: Tool, Jimi Hendrix, Emancipator, Tipper, Shpongle, Santana, John McLaughlin, Heart, Tame Impala, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin…

Honestly, after listening to so many sound demos the DSI OB-6 is really tugging at me. It sounds heaven sent. It’s out of my price range but just a few hundred, it’s on sale.

2 A4s (although this could have been done with 1 A4 mk2 for individually processing the lead).

practicing for the upcoming noise prom

19 Likes

I posted some videos as an exemple of non techno/idm use of elektron(A4 & Rytm)

1 Like

This is mostly A4MK2 + Digitone. Great combo for ambient.

2 Likes

Here’s some hip-hop with Rytm on drums

3 Likes

Deep meditation music using an A4 among other things.

2 Likes

:ok_hand:t5::ok_hand:t5::ok_hand:t5:

@Birth_Chord you’d be good with the ob6 or p6 for sure. that lineage of synths has plenty of history in so many tracks and possess a sound palette much different to the elektrons.

Author and Punisher:

6 Likes

Haha… Next time you better think twice before you step into the cabinet of curiosities… :joy:

13 Likes

Yep, had to sleep with the light on last night :joy:

8 Likes

Now that’s really a quite different one. Without seeing the video you would expect a guitarist jamming. Nice!

3 Likes

I should dig out the piece I recorded with an A4 only that sounds a bit like Flying Saucer Attack.

1 Like

Analog keys and digitone are used extensively in this bands live performances:

4 Likes