Are there any Elektronauts in Denmark?

Jeg er ret fascineret af det helt oldschool: Tangerine Dream og deres plade RubyCon - og Kraftwerk - naturligvis. Og så er der en masse ambient der bliver lavet på modulare systemer for tiden - ofte krydret med lidt tapeloop droner. Så er der fx Jogging House (@boboter) - som jeg hører alt af for tiden.

Lidt mere kommercielt kunne det være Noah Pred’s album Homeward - det har nogle rødder i acid, men er lidt mere eksperimenterende.

Lidt mere nært, så syntes jeg at Sofie Birch laver nogle fede ting. Har hør hende live nogle gange, og det er ret hyggeligt. Specielt kombinationen med live-sampling af lidt forskellige elementer fungerer ret godt.

Der er så meget godt derude - og så meget forskelligt :slight_smile:

…det meste af tiden syntes jeg nogen gange går med at finde den helt rigtige hihat…og så bliver det ikke til andet end det.

/thomas

Hey, I only speak English and German, so I have no clue what that tag is about. But I will take it as s compliment :slight_smile:

Cool! I imagine a bit of a shift in the amount of boredom aften the move. There tend to be a lot more going on in CHP. What do you do for work?

And nice gear… im in love with the octatrack, but I dont have one… yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have my Digitakt and Digitone. Always first in line when I wanna play or jam. I accompany them with a Microgranny, Monologue, Model D, Volca FM and VT 4. But it gets overwhelming fro time to time :rofl:

Yeah, Copenhagen is great. Al though I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old, so it’s mostly legeplads for me these days :joy: I’m a DSP developer.

I’ve considered getting a digitakt because it seems much more immediate, but the sample storage and transfer from a computer seems so archaic it’s always put me off.

I’ve been most productive with hardware when I was just using the octatrack and a nord lead 2. Much more complicated than that and I get overwhelmed too

Octatrack user here. Just moved to Copenhagen from London.

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

Det lyder dejligt! Jeg er selv stor Kraftwerk fan. Jeg læner mig dog også meget til Gorillaz. Jeg er stor fan af deres alsidighed og både de synthede og poppede elementer. Og jeg kan heller ikke undgå Hiphop generelt. :slight_smile:

Men ja, det er både det gode og det dårlige ved elektron. Man kan nørder en enkelt lyd og et enkelt element så meget, at man glemmer alt det andet. :rofl:

Haha yeah okay :rofl:
In two months ill have my first kid. A girl <3
So ill learn that soon enough!

I can only recommend the Digitakt. It’s so straight forward… from ideer to sound takes no time at all, but as i’ve said before… There’s a blessing and a curse comming with elektron gear… you can nerd the smalle aspects so much that you forget everything else. And thats no different with the digitakt. But i wouldn’t live without mine, now that i have it. Wonderful machine.

I’ve tried to sell the octatrack 4 times. I get the box and manuals ready, take all the pics, write the description and then, when I turn it on to make sure it’s all good and formatted, I press play on some old projects and then I can’t sell it any more. Such a strange box.

2 Likes

Haha, yes. I’ve been there before :slight_smile:

Congrats!

Maybe I’ll have to try the digitakt out some time. I like the aesthetic of that and the digitone side by side as well. I had lots of fun when I had a nord lead 2 with the octatrack, which is a bit similar in a way, with its 4 part multi.

Hello there,
I’m also based in CPH. And a happy Elektron user: DT, DN and A4.

Hi! I’ll be traveling with to Denmark with a performance collective soon, anyone have a suggestion of an inobvious spot an electronic musician might enjoy in the area of Odense and Copenhagen? Considering COVID I won’t be looking for subculture much in sweaty clubs, but if there’s anything arty and/or interesting you think a fellow nerd may enjoy, I’d be grateful to hear!