Are Syntakt and Digitone Reverbs the same?

Should I route the ST into the DT or the other way around? Any benefit to doing one over the other?

1 Like

The ST has the analog FX track, so routing the DT to it gives you more things to play with (esp the overdrive and analog filter).

However, going ST to DT allows you to use the master compressor and sample :slight_smile:

To answer the topic question if the reverbs are the same, I believe they are (for the ST, DN, and DT)

1 Like

Sorry I meant digitone not digitakt - so no sampling for me

Gotcha :slight_smile:

That’s a tougher choice as the DN has chorus, master overdrive, delay, and reverb.

I think I’d still route the DN into the ST because of the analog FX.

1 Like

Doesn’t the Syntakt have master overdrive too? I mean it has “drive” both per channel and on the master fx. Are they different?

The drive on syntakt’s FX block is analog, where digitone is digital, and the one on syntakt is a bit tamer to my ears.

1 Like

Very different. I prefer Syntakt’s.

1 Like

Really depends on the amount of voices you send through each of them. The syntakt’s od can destroy sound completely just as much as the DN. Bit hard to compare them in terms of tameness (is that a word :)) the machines (in terms of sound, and default gain) before the OD are so very different.

2 Likes

Yeah, I suppose it really does matter a lot the number of voices thrown in there, since the digitone is always all the voices and it is quite easy to only send one voice into the ST distortion, it can make the ST seem tame. Also distortion on singular synth sounds often doesn’t really sound aggressive like we expect since we are so used to hearing square waves coming from synths already.

1 Like