AR808 - Released

I had no idea how bad I needed this, Haha. Thank you sir.

Ok so you’re sysex receiving the AR808 sounds to the soundpool?

Have you tried doing a sysex receive of only the AR808-Sounds.syx to an empty bank on the +Drive?

And the BD1 (or SD2, RS3, CP4) isn’t used for the kick drum, it’s the BT5, so when loading the AR808-BD and AR808-BD2 you need to have the BT5 track selected.

Ok so you’re sysex receiving the AR808 sounds to the soundpool?

Have you tried doing a sysex receive of only the AR808-Sounds.syx to an empty bank on the +Drive?

And the BD1 (or SD2, RS3, CP4) isn’t used for the kick drum, it’s the BT5, so when loading the AR808-BD and AR808-BD2 you need to have the BT5 track selected.

[/quote]
AWESOME! Thanks Lars!
So I didnt know that the AR808 BassDrums cant use the BD1 pad.
(Now I know that the BT5 and BD1 pads dont use the same engine)

So the rest of my issue boils down to that.

So now I gotta keep re-reading the manual over and over and over again trying to get my head around how Elektron want us to manage the sound banks etc.

Youve saved me a few more days of this now Lars CHEERS :joy:

Just figured out the Track = Engine association

Select Track = Pink Pad
( + all pads that use the same engine are dimmed Orange)

1 Like

Awesome Kit.

Thank you so much for this.

All the best,

waldemaR

I came across the AR-808 soundpack what shall I say … wow it sounds incredible!
I am really hoping for a Ar-909 yet to be released.
Keep up the good work ! :slight_smile:

Great stuff! thanks.

The AR-808 pack is incredible. Really teaches you nice tricks regarding sound design too!

Great pack!
+1 on a future AR909

Nice work thanks!

Holy motherf*cker!!! I already loved my AR more than life but you just made me fall in love with it all over again! Thank you Justin! <3

PS. +1 for a hybrid synthesis/sample AR-909! Really appreciate the AR-808 patch!

+1 from me:
Great pack!
+1 on a future AR909

Hey, purchased this pack, and am having trouble sorting it out, due to the bonkers file structure of the AR.

I started with an empty project. Then loaded everything as per the instructions that came with the pack.

I can see that the samples loaded into the soundpool, but when I go to edit the kit, none of the samples are available. I also went looking for a place to load samples from the soundpool, to the project, but there is no such folder.

All my other samples are on the drive, and if I go back to the sys-ex page, and pick soundpool - I can see the 18 samples.

Where are they exactly?

S.

Are you sure you’re talking anout the AR808? There’s no samples, it’s all synthesis

Ah, so that makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification.

I thought there were samples as well for some elements. The ‘sounds’ then, don’t seem to show up anywhere either. But I will go have another look. It’s not as important, since the kits did load.

i thought the exact same thing! finally someone did a kit with the internal synthesis. I hope theres more to come.

Amazing ! Danke !

Sounds very nice: Good work, Justin!
It’s nice to see what can be done with the Rytm analog engines.

I know it’s a few years now, but just wanted share my appreciation for these sounds (and the MD808 and MD909).

Any chance you plan on an AR909 or AR606? I would happily buy.

Thanks again, these are ace, and a great lesson in sound design on the AR

There’s an eventual update planned for the AR808 that takes advantage of some of the new machines… In addition some sounds changed ever so slightly with the newer firmwares.

I haven’t found a satisfiable way of generating the 909 sounds for the RYTM (yet). 606 sounds could be possible with the new machines.

7 Likes