AR sample chain lag

lately i got into making a lot of sample chains for the AR. but i’ve noticed when sweeping through sample start time the AR sometimes lags, as if the cpu cannot keep up with changing start times and misfires the sample. i’m using mostly 120 sample chains that are about 4-7mb. anybody has the same experience?

No, i haven’t encountered that and have often used sample chains, some as heavy as 8.6mb. No idea where the problem you describe problem stems from.

hmm strange when i sweep quickly through my chains it feels as if the start position precision is not accurate for like the first 500ms or so (sometimes missing out on the attack portion), especially when making big jumps through the chain. bit of a bummer for live usage.

That does not happen when you p-lock the start parameter? Could it be that the encoder is causing this, any problems on other parameters with that encoder, filter freq for example?

Can you record and post an example?

thanks, no probs with the encoders (bought the AR second hand in pristine condition).

i don’t think it happens when plocking the start time, only when changing start time manually. but have to double check. i’ll post an example this weekend.

sorry didn’t have the time to record yet, but i quickly tested again yesterday (rehearsal for a live set). some chains do work perfectly and others exhibit the lag problem. dunno but maybe it could be octachainer related?