AR Pattern OUTPUT VOLUME Problem when play back

I have a problem with the volume of certain patterns on my AR when turning off my computer or quitting Logic Pro X, also when disconnecting my sound card.

Here is the problem:

When I play back my last recorded pattern, it doesn’t sound to the right volume the AR is set at, I can’t get it to play back at the current volume. But the pads play the sound at the current volume when I hit them, but not when I run my pattern.
Anybody has a similar Problem?

I’ve seen this happening when I turn off Logic Pro X, or disconnect my computer from Firewired Sound Card or External Screen. The current pattern I was using turns it’s volume down. It means all the pads still sound at the right volume, same with other patterns recorded, they all sound at current volume settings. But the last pattern I used before turing my computer off, doesn’t sound as loud.

I’ve been looking at all the settings in the AR, on my DAW and on my firewired sound card and I can’t seem to find why only that last pattern I used doesn’t sound at the volume set by the AR.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks!

I had exactly the same problem.
Logic sends controller resets when shutting down. It seems that controller 4 is responsible for the volume reset of the rhythm patterns.
Here’s what I did:
Go to preferences -> Midi goto the Reset Tab and disenable the box of Controller 4 (footpedal)
This solved my problem

1 Like

Wow thanks for the tip. I’ll try that out.
I’ve been moving onto Ableton Live, since I had other problems with the time code and clock send/receive from Logic. Seems to work a lot smoother on Ableton Live. Apparently AR and Logic are not super good friends…

I’ll try again and see what happens :slight_smile:

To disable controller 4 reset seems to work, but I have no idea how to “repair” the “damaged” AR patterns. No matter if I clear the pattern or clear the track or load a new kit the volume issues still remain…
I still work on that one