AR MKII Update OS 1.50, Back up, Sample transfer with macOS Catalina

The update of the Apple operating system Catalina was already a topic here. But I can’t see through it anymore - I’m an AR beginner and don’t know anything about software at all. Maybe that’s why I installed catalina:roll_eyes:
I’m sorry if these questions have already been discussed.
But only very briefly:

a) Is it correct that I cannot do an Analog Rytm MKII update OS 1.50 with my Mac OS Catalina at the moment? Or is there a trick without having to downgrade my Mac again?
b) Can I make a backup with Catalina?
c) Loading samples to the machine somehow possible with Catalina?

Thanks a lot and sorry again for the repetitions!

a) b) send / receive from a MIDI application - like Sysex Librarian (if 64bit) or similar - it’s just midi
c) also possible by MIDI if a software supports SDS, but it’s clearly going to be better to await the release of the compatible version of Transfer (date unknown)

If you are new to the device you have more than enough to be learning without worrying about samples (of which there are some onboard and you can also sample)

2 Likes

Avantronica, thank you very much for you answer!

b) Backing up with Sysex Librarian unfortunately doesn’t work: It recognizes the machine (Analog Rytm MKII out 1) When I click “record one/many” the message “Waiting for SysEx message” appears. Ont the AR I select “SysEx dump” --> “SysEx send” --> “whole project”. Then “Sending” appears. However, nothing happens in the SysEx Librarian program.
a) If the update to 1.50 would work with SysEx Librarian I don’t know because I first want do back up the machine.

Does anyone have the same problem or better a solution?:pray:

You’re right, of course. It would just be nice to have.

It works perfectly for me in Mojave which points the finger to this being either an issue with the Catalina version or user error. The AR presumably doesn’t change what it sends based on what is at the other end.

I get the same result whether using Elektron’s C6 or using Sysex Librarian , a full project needs record many to be selected as it contains hundreds of elements

Okay, so it definitely seems to be a catalina problem.
I hope there will soon be the Transfer update.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Anyone know what I can transfer the new OS to my RYTM using Sysex/C6? I updated my MacBook Pro to Catalina and now my C6 doesn’t work, my Overbridge can’t connect with Ableton, and everything else is so messed up… -_-

Neither C6 nor the current beta version of Overbridge are intended to work with Catalina. You should be able to use “SysEx Librarian” to update your Rytm.

1 Like

Ahhh I gotcha, I’ll have to check Sysex Librarian then. Thanks so much!!