AR DAW midi pattern record question - wierd playback behavior

Hello, I only have my AR Mk 2 a couple of weeks and I have a question regarding strange playback of pattern behavior I’m experiencing with midi patterns ive recorded from my DAW into the sequencer.

Firstly Ill explain how I set it up. I have my AR connected to my DAW via Midi from my USAMO, and clocked externally by the DAW via the USAMO. I modified a few 2 bar patterns I had previously created to activate the relevant drums on the AR. I in checked quantize to grid setting, I started the DAW midi clips via the DAW transport 2 bars early from the Midi clip and Activated live recording on the AR during this time. The 2 bar midi Notes sound off as they should and the AR captured the midi notes perfectly as a pattern in the sequencer. I delete the midi clip and when I play the AR from the DAW transport the sequence plays back perfectly and I can apply all the usual sequencer tricks to the pattern p-locks, conditions etc.

The issue I’m having though is if I play the captured sequence via the play back button on the AR not on the DAW transport the pattern looses all the feel of the pattern as to when it plays from starting it from the DAW, it actually sounds quite bad, most elements badly out of time with each other over the 2 bars. This is even at the same tempo as the DAW, so 100bpm in the DAW, 100bpm on the AR.

But when I play it from the DAW transport, hey presto the pattern is perfect again. Does anyone know why I am having the timing issues with the pattern when its being played independent from the DAW transport?