AR Compressor + A4 Effects, Live Setup without Mixer

Hi, i have an urgent question, and i could not find a thread about exactly my topic, so maybe someone can offer me quick help.

a friend of mine just asked me to pitch in at a concert in two days (so its urgent^^), as another band cancelled. as i planned on playing live this year, i said i am gonna think about it.

now i try to find out how to set up my gear, and because i have to carry it through the whole city, i will reduce it to my AR mk2 and my A4mk2.
i am pretty sure i have no mixer there and if so, i am not sure if it meets my demans.

nevertheless, what i have in mind is as follows:

i want to use the compressor of my AR for the MASTER Sound of both devices, but it would be neat to have also everything (or at least two tracks of the AR) chained through the effects of the A4.
is this even possible somehow?? what would be the best cableing suggestion?

and maybe some tips about playing live with both devices?
it will be at least 75% improvised, and i am freaking nervous! (i always thought my first gig to be at a private birthday party or something, not a sold out concert house^^)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR QUICK SUPPORT FRIENDS!!

You could route 2 tracks of the AR (be it two individual tracks or the L/R master outputs) into the A4 inputs, go to the FX channel there and set volume, panning and effect sends, then route the A4 L/R master outs into the AR inputs and that will get the whole thing thru the AR compressor.
If you take 2 individual AR tracks into the A4 do not forget to turn them off from being sent to the master output, so they are not duplicated. If you want to take the L/R outputs from the AR then Im not sure how that will sound, if everything will be duplicated or not, you’ll have to try. The connection can be made, not sure if the configuration possibilities will work for you in that particular scenario

1 Like

thank you very much. thats how i imagined it to work. right now i am thinking, that i dont really need the chorus for the samples i use on the AR, so maybe i just route the A4 master through the AR. it will be routed through the compressor just by plugging it into the ext in of the AR, right?

also, how is your experience with improvised live sets? at home i can jam for 2-3 hours without being bored (flatmates as well^^) , i am asked to play 45min to 1h tommorrow.
as i have anything cabled with a helix board at home, which i cant carry to the place, i have to make sure i can do all the mixing live with only the two boxes.

also, would you recommend to have studio monitors (i am using yamaha hs7) on stage or is the PA sufficient. (rest of the evening there are playing mostly analog bands, some with synths).

sorry for those really newbie-noob questions ^^

love you all

yes it will, don’t be afraid of turning the A4 output level up, cause the AR inputs are low in volume

Havent played live with my elektrons yet, but I would rehearse the set once, record it and send it to friends for them to listen, let em tell you what they think

turned out i did not have to play, because another band pitched in. (i was not to unhappy about it :smiley: )
so enough time for preparation for my first gig now!

thanks anyways for the responses!