AR Bugs thread

It won’t let me load any new engines on 5-12. Sound browser is showing no matches for anything.

Hello,
I found that Direct Change setting has no effect when changing patterns on the AR via program changes. It behaves always in sequential mode.

For example if you set the direct change (Func+bank group) to “direct jump”, it works when changing patterns manually, but when calling a new pattern via prog change the previous pattern will reach it’s end before changing.

Is it not implemented yet or am I missing something ?

Cheers

same here :dizzy_face: mentioned this a few posts back…

Function plus sound, scoll down to sound settings
or
double tap the synth button
Kits are tied to a project. You get a fresh list every time you load a new project. The new kit list is blank if you have not created any kits for that project yet.

Maybe it’s just me, but the Attack on AMP EG doesn’t seem to work properly all the time. I forget which track/machine I was using yesterday but increasing the Attack in the AMP EG doesn’t register any changes?

Anyone else experience this?

I’m guessing you have either hold or decay turned up to long. When a trig is hit the amp envelope will start the attack phase from the current enevlope level. The amp envelope will not restart from zero. So if the envelope still is open when a trig is hit you won’t hear the attack phase.

^^Interesting. I’ll check that out. This makes a lot of sense and flipped a switch in my mind for other sounds I noticed do this. One in particular, a bass patch, would take almost four bars to ramp up to full amp after muting for a measure. It seems crazy that the attack portion would actually scale over four bars though, I thought I was nuts.

Concerning this other sound, I do specifically remember that the decay did register a change, so I pulled it down a bit but still wasn’t able to hear the attack working.

Alternatively, is there a way to set the trigs up so it retrigs from zero each time?

This is my first Elektron box.

the stuck sound bug is still there in the latest firmware, it’s happened to me a few times…and I always go into amp and turn the decay down from inf

I’ve had it lock up requiring power cycle too on latest firmware.

I am STILL freezing the AR almost every time I hit yes/save + sound.
It’s getting pretty old …

I’m guessing you have either hold or decay turned up to long. When a trig is hit the amp envelope will start the attack phase from the current enevlope level. The amp envelope will not restart from zero. So if the envelope still is open when a trig is hit you won’t hear the attack phase.[/quote]
Petur, you’re indeed correct about this. What baffles me is that the attack, hold and decay were only effective from about 0-10 on the rimshot I was using. Doesn’t really make any sense.

I’m guessing you have either hold or decay turned up to long. When a trig is hit the amp envelope will start the attack phase from the current enevlope level. The amp envelope will not restart from zero. So if the envelope still is open when a trig is hit you won’t hear the attack phase.[/quote]
Petur, you’re indeed correct about this. What baffles me is that the attack, hold and decay were only effective from about 0-10 on the rimshot I was using. Doesn’t really make any sense. [/quote]
I bet it would make more sense if you add a looping sample to your rimshot track.

hmmm, maybe that is when I’m getting lock ups…I haven’t tried to narrow it down…but I have been using that shortcut (carried over from A4)

download files keyword analog ryrm;

cStabs03: 20 seconds/ 40 samples. 40 divided by 120 equals 3 so…
every three seconds there’s a new sample. this almost works well but for some reason, in chromatic mode, the highest bank gives an awful drone and this problem seems to connected to filter somehow.

i’ve been having problems calibrating the AR in the past couple of days (see this post)
it gets stuck on the calibration of the synths and has to be switched off and on again. things will work normally though but i can’t finish the calibration routine

Hmm, if you are going to calibrate, it is recommended that the unit is warm - meaning that it has been running for 2 hours!

1 Like

Classic Rim Shot balance is inverted. Left is 2 Right is 1. Dropped them a line, cheers

1 Like

Hmm, if you are going to calibrate, it is recommended that the unit is warm - meaning that it has been running for 2 hours![/quote]
yep, the AR had been on well more than a couple of hours both times i tried to calibrate it. at first i thought it was normal that it was taking a long time then realized it wasn’t. the weird thing about it is that there’re no sounds coming from the AR when it’s calibrating :confused:
should i try a factory/empty reset?

Chromatic mode does not use aftertouch… A rather big ommision…

Unable to delete sample files from +drive (some, not all).

hey guys.
I have the AR for 4 weeks now and something’s strange with my machine.
When I played in the club the first time with it everything was alright.
The second time there was no output (the DJ mixer got a signal because when I plugged the wires in you can see the peak on the mixer).
But no signal when playing, not from the headphone out, not from the master or individual outs.
After turning off and on a couple of times suddenly it worked…really annoying.
Then after a few days at the next gig, I had the same problems.
It’s annoying as hell if you have to prepare for a gig, place your equipment just before to start and then it’s not working for at least 10min.
I only had this in clubs, now I had the same problem at home too.
Factory reset didn’t help. So I backupped my project, made a complete reset, firmware update again and recovered my project.
Didn’t work… then (I didn’t turn it off) suddenly there was output.

I don’t get it… should I send it to Elektron for warranty?

thanks