AR Bugs thread

Fiddled some more, and indeed got the amp adsr working occasionaly. Havent figured it out fully but i think it has something to do with the hold param. When set to auto it behaves strange.
Also the reverb is hipassed alot by default, lowering the hipass on the verb made it much more audible.

^ yep, same here, but i guess this will be sorted with coming updates

I think the ADSR is functioning as intended though, but it does not retrigger. When a decay or release param is set to full, the env will stay open forever. Shorten them and youā€™ll get more expected behaviour. A retrigger option on the envs would be really nice.

Has anyone else noticed that when playing the pads manually sounds that share a voice does not always silence the other sound?

Play the cymbal and then the cowbell immediately. Play the cowbell once again. The ring out of the cymbal is audible.

If I play the cymbal and let it play the whole of the sound and then the cowbell this is not a problem.

On the manual, page 34 it states:

*Q.START Starts the retrig at a set quantization point synchronous with the sequencer (OFF,
1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1/1).

I donā€™t have that option.

the two biggest problems im facing are : ADSR doesnā€™t work at any of the tracks and the compressor is too noisy even when the mix is set completely to the leftā€¦I updated it to 1.01 but nothing changedā€¦ WTF?

After 2 nights of trying everything, I have successfully loaded ONE sample into the AR.
I cannot load any more, it doesnā€™t matter what I try. Please fix the sample handling, after using and getting used to the OT, this is becoming a real hindrance. Iā€™m left thinking that my AR may be defective ? But then, how to explain that I did succeed in loading one, lonely sample ?

EDIT : as of today, sampling transfer is successful. I havenā€™t done anything different, except there has been a few restarts of the AR and my computer. Iā€™m thinking it may have to do with which order you turn on the devices ? Itā€™s the only explanation that seems to make sense. In any case, Iā€™m now happy with sample transfer, and the fact that it keeps names intact.

Now for the bugs I still encounter :

• I have had the AR freeze a few times when hitting Yes/Save + Track.
  • The BT has infinite decay when played chromatically in the higher octaves (yellow pads)
  • sometimes, live recording of parameters writes trigless trigs with the correct info, but leaves the already existing trigs un touched. Very strange.
  • unable to lock certain parameters to scenes, eventhough I havenā€™t maxed it out (I may be understanding that limitation wrong, however)
  • Amp enveloppe Attack parameter having no effect on the sample

Thatā€™s it for now, Iā€™ll try to get more details and reproduce those, but still in exploration mode so itā€™s a bit difficult to retrace steps :slight_smile:
Cheers

anyone else had a problem backing up kits / patterns via USB to C6 ( Win7Pro/64) ?

My AR has pads that donā€™t work properly, so itā€™s going back to Sweden today to be swapped for a replacement machineā€¦ Nontheless I still worked on some pretty cool patterns over the last few days & thought Iā€™d back them up to load into my new machine - no joy, nada. The AR says itā€™s sent successfully but C6 just sits on ā€˜receivingā€™ - which always turns out to be 0 bytes in the end. Never had a problem with C6 with either my MD or MnMā€¦& I know itā€™s working the other way round, as C6 sent the OS upgrade (1.01) successfully to the AR & Iā€™ve got C6 configured properly - itā€™s seen as the incoming & outgoing MIDI device on both my laptop & in C6.
Weirdā€¦

Keplinger wrote
How do I find the Sound Manager in other sounds, except snares and kick drums?
When Iā€™m on track 8 (HT8).

Thatā€™s strange because i can access to any sample i have in any of the 12 track/padā€¦ I just have to select it in my folders in the +Drive and Load to Project (SoundPool) and itā€™s working very Great !
The only thing i find weird is you can set incoming folder, or create other directory and upload sample ? But where interface say the space left / available ? Firstly, like the Analog Four i thinking the +Drive reflect it you know (256) and after uploading (143) but in fact, it appears, a sound is a saved preset of a mix of synth and a sample (or empty) and thatā€™s will be in +Drive sounds. It make sense ! But how much sample we can upload, is there a gauge ? how much capacity we have ? we simply donā€™t know that.
Or i miss somethingā€¦

[ul]
[li]It appears i canā€™t (or not find how to) record RETRIG in Live Mode[/li]
[li]It appears we canā€™t TAG samples on the +Drive (Canā€™t Auditioning too)[/li]
(So we better to organize on 128 samples folders so it should be easiest to load from a blank project, TAG it and unload it. I Hope TAG is preserved when unloading the samples from the active project)[/ul]

I found an other BUG a big one where the AR have a fatal error like a blue screen, just fro zed and no way to do something unless to switch off, i think itā€™s when dealing with function + Mute/sounds when the AR play but iā€™m not sure, i have this problem twice, the third i wrote whatā€™s happen and what i didā€¦

Are you sure itā€™s not the reverb dealing with the signal ? because for me it cut, so it working properly

When live recording param changes, sounds get triggered on the trigless trigs.

not sure if this goes in as a bug or something i havenā€™t come across on the manual: when selecting either song or chain mode, the LEDs will, as expected, switch between the two modes but if the button of the selected mode is pressed again, the LED goes off :expressionless: things is, it doesnā€™t seem to do anything ā€¦

Has anyone else had problems with the LFO suddenly just not working? Like one minute youā€™re tweaking it then it just turns itself off and wonā€™t come on again until you reboot?

in mute mode a couple of pads are not flashing when the track are trigged. i can hear the sounds but the pads wonā€™t flickerā€¦

Sometimes you click on Function + Mute/Sound and the Machine Frozedā€¦ no way to do anything, force to switch OFF/ON

Are you sure itā€™s not the reverb dealing with the signal ? because for me it cut, so it working properly [/quote]

Yes, very sure. After this has happened, I can play the cowbell as many times as I want and the cymbal ring is there.

strange. i have not the same effect here. on mine itā€™s cut purely and simply

Hi, this is the the biggest issue Iā€™ve had with the AR so far.

Some times, very often in fact, when I push ā€œplayā€ the sounds of BD1 and SD2 wonā€™t sound the way they should.
Some times you can only hear the ā€œnoiseā€, some times another part of the sound, some times you can barely hear it, itā€™s a bit random. The CP4 have the same behaviorā€¦

I have to push ā€œstopā€ and ā€œplayā€ again several times until everything gets going againā€¦

I encounter the same kind of problems when I move a trig backwards or forward (or using micro timing) depending on its position it wonā€™t sound the same way, even if thereā€™s not another trig close to the one Iā€™m editing.

Maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong, but to be honest, I would say that it has something to do with the Amp envelope having a bugā€¦

Another problem that has happened to me, is when changing from one pattern to another pattern with another kit, the AR can make a big noise that goes away slowly (it can last for 3 or 4 seconds I would say) and then you can hear the new pattern playing.

ā€¦For the moment it seems not possible to use the machine in a live configuration, the sound is just to randomā€¦

Is there a second page where the env is selectable to either lfp or hpf or both?

New OS update Guys OS 1.01B available since today :

Essentially BUG FIXES :
List of changes from OS 1.01 to 1.01B
[ul]
[li]Chromatic sample playback could not be disabled. Fixed.[/li]
[li]Intermittent sample replay problem on track RS/CP fixed.[/li]
[li]General spurious sample triggering problem fixed.[/li]
[/ul]

1 Like