AR Bugs thread

Ok track 3 is Rimshot Hard and track 4 is Snare FM. Changed 3 to RS Classic. Still happening. Changed track 4 to a couple of different machines still happening.

So started a new pattern (same kit) and it’s not happening. So what setting s could have been on my original pattern to have caused this?

That’s what i was wondering - I suspect trigless locks (any locks) are a part of this

trigless locks under certain circumstances wrt the shared ‘lesser’ track get the shared ‘greater’ track to sound when you might not have expected it - i recall reporting as such years ago - i’m not recalling 100% the circumstances here without access, but examine the suspect tracks for locks

i’d generally be live programming and tweaking so it generates a lot of trigless locks, when these locks appear on say T4 and a trig was on T3 i think that may be a scenario to promote T4 voice to a trig - this may not relate, but as i said i believe there are at times counterintuitive outcomes depending on the exact entries on the pair of track seqs

1 Like

Yes, track 3 here was definitely a live programmed tracked w/o fixed velocity. I definitely could shut off the greater track syn but plocking the lesser track’s syn off so I think you’re onto something. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi there, I experienced the same bug (or similar) and reported it to support as:

… There seems to be another bug I noticed:

If I set the trigger-lock “syn” off for certain or all steps in a pattern it won’t work. If I don’t lock the parameters but set it globally under TRIG, it does not mute the triggering of the sound engine either.

I f I play the note while SYN set to off globally, it does not trigger, as expected. To make it more weird, if I record the notes like this, it records and plays back right. I can even switch SYN on/off globally, if not locked. But if I “set” a note manually, it does not work.

So to sum it up, this error of not being able to set the triggering of SYN to off for notes only occurs for manually set notes. Liver recorded ones behave normal.

If I try the same with the SMP trigger, it does work as expected without bugs.

I updated to 1.46 BETA, bug is still there. Was there in 1.45B as well. …

Elektron:

Does this issue occur specifically on tracks that have shared voices and does it involve one track choking the other? The possibly affected tracks would be Track 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12.

Me:

yes, #10, but 9 is not playing at all. And as I said, the other way (SMP off) is working on the same pattern/sound/kit.

Elektron:

The issue you describe is known to our developers, though not in as much detail. Could you make a short video showing the issue? It would be very helpful. You can upload it as an unlisted video on youtube, send it via a dropbox link in this thread or attach it to your reply. The chances this will be fixed soon are way better if they can see the different behaviors you describe.

Me:

I tried to recreate the trigger bug as described, which I could not.
“Luckily” I ran into a very similar issue. I tried to set notes in record mode, which would not trigger. If I record them live, they would.
I filmed it luckily, but I forgot to look up, if it was connected to only SYN being triggered :confused:
It happens occasionally. How it comes to be - I don’t know.
Hope this still helps somewhat…

Can you make a video of that bug and send it to Elektron maybe?

1 Like

Reported this bug too, but wasn’t able to figure the origin. Finally recorded a video as asked, will send it to support when they are back from holidays.

Running OS1.46 BETA1, I am noticing the Problem described here.

It appears that Chain Mode currently only works when Pattern Length (via Func + Page) is set to normal. When setting Pattern Length to advanced, Chains don’t progress, even with the “change” Parameter configured correctly.

Judging by the Manual, this should how ever work —>

2 Likes

This has been broken for quite some time and barely gets talked about. I don’t know if it ever worked correctly. In advanced mode only using sequential pattern change manually on the device obeys the chng parameter. Using chains, song mode, and external pc change do not…

Manual says it should work for chains and so I would assume should work for song mode would like to think it would apply to external PC as well.

Here’s a post from March 2018 using an older official OS 1.31B
Although posted on A4 thread it was indeed tested and confirmed on AR.

1 Like

Do you know if anyone opened support tickets on this? I’d like to know that it’s on their radar.

2 Likes

Just tested in the current stable release – the bug is persistent.

done!

1 Like

Whoever wants it to be fixed should open a ticket by him/herself. Even if it is already on their radar, more tickets makes is more prominent.

(reasoning: why should they fix something when all but one are okay with it?)

2 Likes

agreed…
I must admit – i’m pretty puzzled that this bug seems to be around since… ever? Considering this is the only way to achieve any sort of (ongoing) polymeter.

A year in Elektron terms is nowhere near forever. I can vividly remember Cenk saying in a video Overbridge will be released “soon” and that was some years ago. I guess clocks are ticking differently in the nordish countries … :wink: :smile:

Yeah, there you can feel that the do not really care about the products or us - just the marketing and selling of more new stuff. Well, unfortunately not the only ones, huh?

There are many quite important bugs for years. That is why I posted this (you could support):

But I suspect more and more that the reason is to hide the bugs they never adressed…
Like also this:

So I will start a thread with collecting bugs just to make some pressure. Lets see, if really nobody told them about those before, as they often state. :smiley:

PS: I also opened a ticket for this bug. If you could do the same for the LFO to Accent (Velocity) bug posted above, that would be great.

1 Like

ok, ticket submitted!

1 Like

I’ve received a (appreciably prompt, but unsatisfactory) reply from Elektron on this bug:

This is actually not a bug, it is the intended behavior. However, there are different opinions on how this should work here at Elektron HQ […]

If you manually go to the next pattern in the chain and select it (chain button, arrow keys, yes) it takes the change parameter into account. When a pattern has an infinite master length the pattern will play indefinitely unless there is some user action and this is by design.

After having pointed out, that this conflicts with what the manual states (Section 11.10.2: “However, if CHNG, for instance, is set to 64, the pattern will behave like a pattern consisting of 64 steps regarding cueing and chaining.”), i was told the following:

Yes it seems like the manual is incorrect and I’ll talk to our technical writer about this […]

1 Like

Hi, I also received a very kind but unsatisfactory answer:

Thanks for the report. If a pattern in a chain or song has length set to INF, some user action is needed before the CHNG parameter comes into effect (i.e. manually selecting the next pattern in the chain). This is by design but I will discuss this with out developers.

(my consideration) It is assumed that one creates a chain to create automatisms that avoid having to manually select the patterns and that the CHNG parameter is there to replace LEN set on INF to define when the next pattern in chain should be activated, as a user I think this is the right operation, otherwise there could only be the LEN parameter and no need for a CHNG.

Having also pointed out what the manual reported, I was answered:

I’m sure this is how it has been designed, and the manual is not accurate on this. I have discussed this with our developers many times over the last year but will report again since apparently many users considers it to be wrong. However, I can’t promise that it will be changed unfortunately. It is not considered a bug.

it is also possible that LEN and CHNG actually work this way, i.e. set LEN to 64 but CHNG to 16 so if the chain is active the x pattern lasts 16 and then changes and if there is no active chain instead it lasts 64

The real problem is that CHNG does not work in any case! I have the rytm in front of me, I just tried this: pattern A1 LEN 64, CHNG 16, pattern A2 LEN 16, CHNG OFF. With the chain mode activated, the pattern A1 play 64 and then changes, therefore the CHNG parameter does not work precisely because after 16 the A2 pattern should have been activated, and this will report it immediately

Ok, definitely tried various LEN and CHNG settings with manual pattern changes to refer to some user action needed no chain active, and standard pattern mode (sequential).

Pattern A1 LEN 64 CHNG 32
Pattern A2 LEN 16 CHNG OFF
If I switch to pattern A2 manually before 32th step of A1 is reached, then CHNG has priority over LEN and the pattern changes to the 2nd bar and not the 4th.

Pattern A1 LEN INF CHNG 32
like before if I change manually by step 32 it goes to pattern A2

Pattern A1 LEN 64 CHNG 128
with these settings the pattern change always takes place after 64 and never 128, so when CHNG is greater than LEN, LEN takes precedence

Pattern A1 LEN 256 CHNG 32
if left to go, the pattern lasts 256 steps but if I change to pattern A2 within the second beat the change is made. However regardless of which 2nd beat it is! That can be at step 32, 96, 160 or 224 based on when we press to change pattern

so all in all an unclear operation for me, incorrectly explained by the manual and that would only make sense applied to the chains

if this is indeed incorrectly explained in the manual, then it’d be good to page @eangman

that’s why CHNG was here or at least that’s what I always believed from the first moment I had the rytm.

Yeah I know this, and I have no problem with single/global track length and chains at all or to change manually when play a INF pattern but then what the CHNG parameter is for?!

I have i.e. pattern A1 with LEN 64 and CHNG 32 if I change to A2 immediately after A1 started at step 32 goes to pattern A2, if I press the pattern change at step 1 of bar 3:4 (step 33) in any case the pattern changes when 4:4 ends. So I believe that CHNG should only interact when chain is active

I believe that the manual perfectly explains how both LEN and CHNG should work. So it makes perfect sense, using the CHNG parameter in case LEN is on INF and need to change patterns automatically, with chain mode active to break INF. What do you think about it?