AR as a sampler drum machine only (no synthesis)

No.

Thanks for the advice!

Stereo playback samples can be achieved with a future OS update?

Not a chance, there are 8 mono voices, if you want to blow 2 on a stereo sample, then go ahead (as advised above) but thereā€™s no way the OS will cater for that usage scenario imo

2 Likes

stereo is overrated :meh:

3 Likes

why would stereo samples eat up more memory than mono?
as iā€™ve read in various places (including this thread), C6/AR always convert samples to mono and thus very likely reduce the file size.

The AR is a lot easier then the md when it comes to playing long samples and storing samples
Thereā€™s 1 gig on the AR and 64 meg ram
If you think terms of the md, the ar plays long samples and has the ability to lock 128 samples. So per 16 step per track you can have 16 samples - so letā€™s say you can get a few tracks of the md style sample playing on only one track
The sample engine sound" is high above the md and OT.
I reckon the synth sample layering is pretty unquie - itā€™s like dual poly.
as a standalone sampler it can done provided you use overbridge and abelton and sds drop
Iā€™d use abelton and abelton sampler over the OT any day.
The AR comes with abelton lite.

quick demo of a tr606 sample chain that went a bit otherworldly

1 Like

I own the MD UW+ MKII, the OT and just repurchased the AR.

The MD is my favourite. The Function Ctrl and CTRL ALL tracks are a joy to play with and instant gratification.

The AR I bought, sold and bought again. Its very easy to use and even though Im not the biggest fan of the synth, the sampling+synth combo is what I missed and blending whatever sounds I want to make it personal to me. Its a great nifty little boxā€¦

However - if you want the machine that can do it all, the OT is the most fun, most creative and provides the most flexibility. Yes the MD can hold 2 mb samples :slight_smile: yes the AR has the ipad apps etcā€¦ but the OT is only limited by what size CF card you useā€¦ its far more user friendly. The directory hirearchy is much simpler than the +drives because its a logical tree as you would see in any storage medium. Putting it in USB mode acts as a hardrive - so useful!

The CF card is priceless, the fader is priceless, time stretching and sample mangling goes to another dimension altogetherā€¦ if its a sampler youre after, get the OT - its the best bang for your buck.

If you are a finger drumming guru get an MPCā€¦

:pray::v:ļø