AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Idea: to control playbck by pages without arpegiator in live mode - possibility to choose the only page for loop playback (1,2,3 or 4 only)

I would LOVE to be able to copy/paste JUST the fx track for a kit. Mostly to get a consistent comp level across a whole project without having to go back and forth adjusting all of the kits used.

2 Likes

Make AR a Machinedrum, since it’s legacy now
Make AR a Monomachine, since it’s legacy now
Make AR an Octatrack, since I don’t have one
Make AR an Analog Heat, since I don’t know just cuz
Make AR a MAX/MSP
Make AR a Cirklon cuz where’s my midi at
Make AR’s OS open source
Alright well then make the OS semi open source then fine geez
Make AR a timpani

Seriously though you guys make the best shit and I love you. But seriously though give me an octatrack :point_right::ok_hand:

6 Likes

TIMPANI DRUM IN THE NEW os!

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m new to building patches and not that familiar with timpani, otherwise I’d build you a timpani patch for your AR.

Next device GoGoGadgetron

1 Like

I thought this also. Then I released I could just stick a bit of high power gaff tape on the bank button and BAM there you go.

YES

also yes

1 Like

Haha, yes! Why no timpanis in the history of drum machines?? Obviously this is a much needed addition.

In all seriousness though, a timpani would actually be quite tough to model. It’s pretty complex timbrally. A couple of filters with some underlying bandpass filtered noise would be the most sane way to it I reckon. Perhaps you can get close with a SDFM(!) and an oscillating low pass filter.

EDIT: Oh, wait!

Sounds like there is a delay line in there? Cool.

7 Likes

Oooooh! A project! Sounds fun! I can hear the potential. I’ll see if I can get a patch going! If I can’t do it on the RYTM maybe I can make some samples from the A4.

If I get it, I’ll post it! Thanks for the idea, Simon!

3 Likes

GROOVE
Quantize > Import/Export

I would like to be able to import a certain groove from a loop …to be able to import that feel
thanks

Kits are basically a collection of sounds with various parameter adjustments. Makes sense to me that one should be able to start a new project and not have to copy and paste existing kits from project to project but merely go into the +Drive and load.

Would like to see a version of Overbridge that doesn’t pass audio/work as a soundcard but merely allows you to do tweaks and sound management as current Overbridge crashes my computer. I have separate outs to my soundcard anyways so I don’t need to pass audio via USB.

2 Likes

I would love to see expanded LFO shapes a la Novation Ultranova. Ones that act like sequencers/arps almost. I was using the random wave to modulate the pitch on a melodic synth sound and the possibilities occurred to me. Seems it wouldn’t be too resource hungry to implement. Like this:

4 Likes

Here’s my latest request.

“Pattern Bank Select Hold”

Some kind of Direct Jump-only/specific button combo.
For instance… Pattern Bank Button + Scale = Pattern Bank Select Hold.

This would allow a person to use all 10 fingers to direct jump between patterns in a pattern bank and hit that scale/fill button as well. Great for IDM/glitch styles.
Playing the patterns like notes, using the full facilities of all fingers, free from having to hold down a pattern bank button.

8 Likes

This, combined with rgb leds for patters, so i can make beats, breaks and fills different colors.

duh, you can copy/paste the settings of any page, filter, synth, comp etc. No need for a new feature for this :heart_eyes:

Really?? I can’t seem to figure out or find in the manual!

If you want to copy the filter page, holder filter page and press copy. Works very well!

1 Like

I had no idea, thanks you rock!! This gonna save sooo much time

2 Likes

in case u did not know. you can also copy a trig from one machine to another.

or from a different project you can copy a KIT or a pattern (but not both iirc)

1 Like

i think you can achieve this sound even with the BT machines or maybe by combining a cowbell and your choice of a Snare machine (SDFM).

nice sounding. do you know something about some new machines for BT and such?

A request from me, this applies to both RYTM and A4:

"TRIG PREVIEW function"

In GRID RECORDING mode (sequencer stopped), e.g. TRIG + YES would play the trig being held without the need to play the whole sequence to hear it. Obviously, this would be particularly beneficial when working with parameter locks. :content:

4 Likes