AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

This exists already. If you hold function and press one or more pads to mute they will not be muted right away but only after you release the function button.

1 Like

Technically, it exists for the function button, not the pads. Workable, but not quite the same.

1. Pattern creation in the AR plugin.
  2. Randomize patterns - and to be able to define randomization features/amounts.
  3. Drag & Drop patterns (MIDI) onto DAW timeline from a little icon in AR plugin.

I would love to be able to make patterns right in the AR plugin interface. Also, a little drag & drop MIDI pattern button on the AR plugin interface. This would behave similarly to the great drum synth plugin Microtonic. It’s very nice to create a pattern(s) in the plugin, randomize some fills and variations for different parts of your song, and then drag and drop them onto Ableton’s timeline.

Then, when you are done building a song in Ableton, you can always record these MIDI clips back onto the AR and take it to play live, jam, whatever.

I think lots of different workflows can be accommodated.

1 Like

That is a really good idea! +1 for that

but this is basically doable already anyway !
use Velo Mod

So I could have a multi sampled sound in a sample chain and use velo mod to define which specific sample to play?

not exactly … but if you wanted to encode timbral variation across 120 samples in a chain, you can use velocity mod to go through these

it would break down if you had fewer samples and landed halfway (between start/end points)

so i over-played that hand … it would be possible if there was a way to quantise the sample start

currently it is 1

if it was possible to stipulate higher integers (divisible from 120) then it would work … something i’d like to see - and not something which adds to the cpu load, you just restrict the viable start/end points to 120/x locations, thus allowing what you want (especially handy if lfo would modulate the start/end simultaneously) . so you could get more control

Well I hope they do that. The RYTM sounds best when mixing samples and synthesis and having this option would help increase the realism of the sound by allowing both synth and sample to change timbre in a natural sounding way.
I love the RYTM for EDM but I’m getting great results using it for nonEDM music too with the synth side only.
If they add this feature, I can ditch NI Battery finally.

*Pad brightness adjustability or option to turn off momentarily/mute
*Pad color customization

New sample machine with poly and grains mode and FM other interesting functions ala mutable clouds.
Resampler machine also inside.

4 Likes

Not possible as it is the same circuit as the Mains Output.

2 Likes

this might not be possible.
but i would like all the parameters from all the kick drums. in one kick drum option. so mutli pages of them i suppose. (ala A4).
if its just digitial control of OSCs. and i can make my snare circuit into a kick.
having all the parameters from all the kicks would be … interesting.

if this isn’t possible. other then software… why? (just curious).

Can we expect a Rytm OS update in the first half of the year ?
With a focus on more machines and alike.

Simple request: Ability to set the degree/amount of velocity to volume like you can with the rest of the velocity parameters…

Why? wellllllll it’s a drum machine and I play with drums/pads and often I’d like to control synth parameters more than volume based on velocity, but I don’t want the volume to go near zero on light strikes and i don’t want to lose velocity range by having to set lower threshold on pads velocity curve.

seems obvious, no?

2 Likes

I hear you …

At the price of a velocity Mod slot - you could disable velocity to volume for the voice, set the Amp volume Middle-ish and then Bump the Amp volume with said velocity mod

3 Likes

Yup, I’ve messed with that. Also used velmod to change the filter freq so it’s not quite just all volume across the entire spectrum. Pretty cool. But again, even from a design uniformity perspective, having a range on velmod makes sense.

As an aside on this… As I dig deeper into the AR, you can /almost/ sense what their project/feature gannt chart looked like. It’s like stuff like velocity mod were on another track from some other mod stuff. Just like how some times you can press an encoder to choose a value, other times you have to hit “yes” (I’m looking at you LFO destination selection screen with the ridiculously short time-out time… :slight_smile: )

How about setting one velomod slot to LFO depth and using some nice, oneshotty LFO business to modulate your amplitudes, hmm? I know you cannot map LFO to velocity but you can map it to the various level controls, filterfreq, overdrive…

1 Like

Stop trying to offer constructive workarounds! It will lower the urgency/severity of my feature request!!!

The “Something New” thread has me dreaming of fx updates for Rytm. If I had a good Spring Reverb and Tape Delay in Rytm, I’d have to open Ableton Live less and less. I’m imagining something like the RE-201 influenced Surreal Machine’s Dub Machines inside Rytm. Maybe something like Strymon Deco or Satin. Things like that inside Rytm. Drool. The one box to rule them all. Nerd alert.

3 Likes

u mad sir? write to elektron support then, this is not an official elektron CS venue. This board is for users to blow off steam and get together.

1 Like