Apple WWDC 2023

Awesome stuff
aside from the uncomfortable speaker performances

thumbnail fix thanks to @Jukka

4 Likes

Yeah, some pretty decent releases. Probably the most comprehensive new product announcements I’ve seen, maybe ever!

2 Likes

Yeah, that new Mac Studio sounds great. I probably should have waited until this came out before deciding on a Mac Mini but that’s fine. Still plenty of power in the Mini, but that Studio now looks like a really, really enticing option…

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the 15" Air before deciding on a computer.

I can’t decide between that an a 14" Pro

Very interested on anyone’s opinions.

1 Like

That Vision Pro looks wild.

5 Likes

Want all of them but can’t afford any

5 Likes

I watched the video on their site and can’t decide if I’m really excited by this or utterly horrified😂

That lady sitting like a zombie twitching her finger to do shit in her AR/VR world is a little soul destroying but damn, did it look cool for movies.

2 hour battery life though. Yikes.

6 Likes

That type of crazy money is the vision thing?

1 Like

My wife and I did a drink if you see a Black Mirror moment. We’re quite pissed now.

42 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t gotten into the VR thing yet. But for a device you can toss in your backpack, which can basically act as a high res multi-monitor setup, and visually integrated into your operating system, it is pretty cool. Also cool for movies or games. But, the price tag is pretty high, and I would definitely wait to see how the reviews shape up, and maybe try one at an Apple store.

I feel like the future I was promised when I was a kid might finally be arriving. Just need a hoverboard and I’ll be all set.

4 Likes

I miss the 11" MacBook Air so bad :frowning:

5 Likes

if they had it down to $1000-ish and more of a Google Glass form function, they’d make another mint

The 11" MacBook was a thing of beauty. I though they would bring that back by now.

2 Likes

so did I, when the 13" first came out I couldn’t grok it

2 Likes

Smart buyers will hold out for the Vision Pro +FX

25 Likes

Can the goggles be used in place of a monitor? That would be nuts.

Okay NVM I just got to that part. Holy shit. I would LOVE to animate on this. Fuuuuuu

I didn’t expect to be interested in this thing. It’s nuts.

Rainbow Six needs to come to Mac :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yeah, you can have multiple windows open and multiple apps running and resize them. In the video they said the resolution is higher than 4k. You can watch a movie and have it dim, or block out the background of your room. It is pretty wild.

4 Likes

People will be ridiculed, beat up, and robbed who decide to wear this goofy lookin over priced scuba mask.

the 15" MacBook Air looks awesome though, also like the new QoL features on the AppleWatch

1 Like

Apparently costs 3.5k

I’m out

1 Like

Main thoughts…. Kids video saying hi daddy reminds me of minority report… and the scan of your face for FaceTime just looked freaky as fuck! Better than showing just another phone for sure