Apple Event

All i use are mini’s. they actually are my cell phone too.
I have a 5, and completely fine for any iOS apps. I can’t get it to max out no matter how many audio apps im running.
That being said, ordered a new mini. Why? Because USB-C. If it didn’t have that, i wouldn’t have bothered.

It cracks me up that USB-c is fine for an iPad mini, their red beaded step child of the product line, but iPhone 13 with is super mega camera shooting in ProRes still gets lightning.

1 Like

we the public are just strings on an apple harp lol

I don’t mind Lightning. It’s a superior physical connector. Never had a lightning port get lose or go to hell. Have had USB-C ports on various devices do that however. USB-C are female jacks with male ports, when you think about it. And that’s a stress point.
(where as Lightning is a male jack into a female port, and apologies for using industry terms if anyone takes exception to the use of gendered terms here.)

Yea, I wish it was as fast and connective as USB-C, but for a device I am constantly taking in and out of my pocket, occasionally dropping, putting cables in to, and pulling them out of, walking around with, both inside and out of my pocket, constantly, daily, I’ll take the superior physical connector.

I probably wouldn’t be as jazzed about the iPhone 13 if it had USB-C.
The two friends I know with USB-C phones are on their second and third phones due to the connector going out.

3 Likes

I’ve trained myself to turn WiFi off, as well as shutting off all unused background apps, when I anticipate being away from power for recharging for some time. I carried a small powerbank with me when I was walking the Camino

1 Like

the only reason for usbc for me is supplied power. lightning will only supply about 130ma for external devices. i just wanna leave powered hubs and dongles behind if i’m only bringing 1 controller around.

MagSafe for power?

Edit, NM, you’re in it for the MINI.

Eyy, fellow SE user… it works for me, I do everything on it and for me it’s enough… I like the size as well, the newer phones are to big imo…

3 Likes

Damn straight. Big phones are the devil’s work.

4 Likes

I’m riding with my 5SE till it dies. I’d probably replace it with another as they’ll be as cheap as chips. I absolutely do not care about new phones.

1 Like

Yeah. Havent had an iphone (or any cellphone) in years.
Been great

1 Like

no one here, and no one I talk to, seems to like big phones. why do they keep making them?
the iphone 5 was the last one decently sized in my opinion, fit comfortably in my hand and I could use it without having to awkwardly shift it in my hand.

1 Like

Agreed, can’t stand the big phones. I miss the smaller SE model with a headphone jack. Now I have the SE that’s equivalent to the iPhone 6, which is fairly good in size and at least has a button - my gf’s iPhone 12 mini drives me mad with sliding up instead of pushing. On the size thing, Apple’s own marketing says the SE is their most popular size:

iPhone SE packs a remarkably powerful chip into our most popular size at our most affordable price.

Because anecdotes are just that.

The 12 Pro Max accounted for 23% of Apple’s smart phone sales

So, as far as Apple is considered, I’m sure they don’t want to lose customers who want the larger phone and might go to Android, where larger phones are aplenty.

In other words, enough customers want them to merit their existence in the market. And for myriad reasons. For some it may be their main internet and e-reading device. My personal anecdote for getting the 6.7” Max is for ebooks.

I had 5S for a while and then an SE. loved the small size, and begrudgingly went to an XS later, and now my needs have evolved.

1 Like

I ordered a 13 Pro 512Gb. I’ve been using my X for a few years and it was time for an upgrade. Just an FYI - If you’re buying a 13 Pro and planning on using it for the Pro resolution video (or whatever it’s called), make sure you get one with at least 256Gb, as it won’t work with the 128Gb model.

I also have a 12 Pro Max, my first bigger sized iPhone and easily the best phone and best form factor I’ve ever owned. The guy in the shop tried everything to keep me from buying it and I nearly buckled (“too big, won’t fit in pocket, too heavy, can’t control it one-handed etc”) but am glad I got it anyway. I’m a big guy also, so maybe that’s a factor, but I’ll def keep that form factor going forward.

2 Likes

…gimmee my mbp m1x 14" 32gigs of ram, 1tb of storage… finaleeeee…!!!
anything else is nothing but the usual next gen of fancy…
my iphones last always at least for 3 years…
i will never ever wear an apple watch…
and my ipad from 2013 is still doing fine…
so, cut down the wokeness and get real again, holy moly cuppertino…
release that next gen mac book pros…!!!

12pro max fits perfectly on top of the far right corner of the Nord A1

I’m anxiously waiting on the arrival of the M1x macbook pro

1 Like

OP-Z spotted on the new iPad mini main page…

Glad I preordered my 13 Pro Max on Friday.

Apparently, “all colors and capacities of the ‌iPhone 13 Pro‌ and ‌iPhone 13 Pro‌ Max have sold out and orders placed now will not arrive until mid to late October.”

2 Likes

Space grey mini ipads got pushed back pretty quickly as well. Even the cellular models.