Novation AFX Station

Saw this today on IG. Could not find any relevant posts on this forum or on google. I know Aphex has worked with Novation, and Korg, in the past. New synth, synth presets, new music? Have I lost my mind?

14 Likes

Either AFX mode’s been added to the Peak/Summit or there’s a Bass station 3 coming.

10 Likes

Cool!
Hope the announcement is for something a week or two later as I’ll be out of town on the 20th.
He’s definitely talked about a novation collab before.

1 Like

The "mysterious"ness of the circuit board would suggest the BS3 (or something else entirely). But in any case, I am interested.

I know there was some word from aphex twin when the polyend tracker was announced that he was working closely on a different project… he didn’t really hint at what it might be, but I would hope it is a sequencer or groove box type device.

*bottom right in the image has a pitch and mod wheel perhaps in novations style, so a bass station 3 does seem likely. Would love if it turned out to be a keyboard groovebox or a new affordable sampling keyboard.

4 Likes

Some crappy synth has microtuning.

6 Likes

With the Korg alt tuning we got a new AFX ep.
That’s what I’ve got my fingers crossed for.

7 Likes

“Alongside a mysterious Circuit (!!!) board”. I guess there’s a hint, Circuit Pro is coming…

4 Likes

Wasn’t the Circuit Mono Station recently discontinued? Maybe a new version on its way?

1 Like

My guess is a new firmware update and presets for BSII alongside a limited edition version with Aphex graphics.

3 Likes

Novation branded Ventolin masks

8 Likes

14 days of Patience.

You gotta remember, this is the same company that made a big deal out of launching new keyboard controllers for Ableton. For all we know, marketing’s directive could be to make the release of new patches sound like the best thing since sliced bread.

4 Likes

Well, but the latest Peak OS update was a bummer, with free wavetable editor and thousands of free presets…
My bet is also on a Circuit MK2 with more features and probably an OLED.
Aphex wouldn´t want to be involved in a boring patch sound thing nor keyboard controller…would he? I mean they used his logo, his name, his reputation…
Btw. the keyboard controller they introduced was really nice and worthy.

2 Likes

Someone over at WATMM has pointed out that it looks like it says Afx station in the pic.

5 Likes

Yeah. It looks a lot like an Aphex-branded BSII. Similar, if not identical to the 25th anniversary version and the Warp Records x Aphex Twin x Novation Bass Station II.

5 Likes

That would fit the industry Trend to release “DARK” Versions of their Hardware…

3 Likes

Definitely looks like a BS2 in the photo which would be a bit of a boring results for this teaser… But I guess just because it’s a BS2 doesn’t mean that this is what it’d end up being.

1 Like

True, but to be honest i would like a complete black BSII

1 Like

Marketing
Hype

You do all realise instantly swapping presets wasn’t new … elektron devices do it on most machines on every step.
But it was a good gimmick to get aphex involved…it seems to be working again.

3 Likes