Anyone want to play a gig in South London?

Hi,

I’m setting up an electronic night at a venue in Tooting, south London and am looking for people/acts with sets to play. Wanna?

This is not an Elektron gear-only themed event, play whatever you like, but as an AK owner myself I’d love to see some folk showing me how I should really be doing it!

The emphasis is using hardware live so no laptops, no DJs, it’s not a club night, more like an informal gig night but focusing on electronic music.

I want to put on a diverse and eclectic offering: electro, funk, ambient, dub, industrial, pop, dnb, minimalist, erm… maximalist(?) and ok yes, a small amount of house/techno/club stuff if we’re getting desperate :wink:

Other instruments ok too, but avoid big band setups if you can - if you’re compact it’ll be logistically easier all round.

You don’t have to be super pro, just be musically/sonically interesting.

Get in touch if you’d be interested in playing!

Urgento

8 Likes

I’m living too far from London to be there unfortunately but that’s a great idea !

Interesting too. What date approximately?

Interested and have a whole rent a mob available in Tooting.

1 Like

I’m quite far but if I were in the UK I would go for sure!

Good luck, mate

I would love to, but I am living too far from london sadly enough. Good luck with it!

Well, essentially this is ‘build it and they will come’. I have an interested venue and they said they like the idea, but come back to us when you’ve got your act(s) together, literally I suppose! They kinda offered a week night off the cuff so I know they’re genuinely keen.

If I can get a couple of hours worth - 4 x 30 min sets perhaps, then I’ll send them some links to your vids or tracks so they can see what it’s about and we can arrange a date.

Worth also pointing out this will most likely be unpaid - but on the upside you won’t be expected to bring a crowd or sell tickets, just passing trade and anyone that hears about it and wants to come. Anyway, I had my time in a band trying to convince my mates to come down to see us for the eighth time and all that pressure just kills the joy of actually getting to play. Don’t we just want a little joy, people??

Just do me a favour and buy a few drinks at the bar.

Cool, can you PM me some links to your music?

Sure,
Fly me in from California?:wink:

3 Likes

I am interested, and in London, but I need to get more material together. I’m working on some pared-back stuff, just MM & MD plus a couple of effects and a Microgranny. I’ll drop you a line when I have something to send you, if that’s alright?

[quote=“Urgento, post:1, topic:36354”]
I’m setting up an electronic night at a venue in Tooting, south London and am looking for people/acts with sets to play. Wanna?[/quote]

Nice :slight_smile:

Next time I’m in London, sure!

Or maybe not :expressionless:

1 Like

Bump!

Anyone interested?

Yes but insufficient material. :sad:

If I was still based in London I’d be there in a flash… but now I’m not, so best of luck with it; I’ve put on and played enough nights to know both how much fun and a struggle organising things like this can be, so I hope it works out for you.

I’d love to but the no laptop thing counts me out. Never been to the UK/London.
Cheers though I hope it goes well!

Can you narrow down the dates a bit more? I might be interested if I can get a cheap train down and am free on those days.

Hey man im london based! Set is entirely elektron hardware (and guitarist)

We sound like this: www.pikduo.bandcamp.com

New ep being released imminently too

Defo, sounds interesting so get it together! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not quite yet, but the more potential artists I have the better it will be to get dates and be flexible. Can you send me a link to your music?

Cheers and thanks for getting in touch!

Hello Urgento, I’ll PM you