Anyone using two analog 4's

Yep you should go, if its not to far

Im going that way but with 2 tempests, 2 A4s would be nice as well

Would love to try 2 T’s and 2 A4’s, less to remember as far as getting around interfaces.
[/quote]
Two Tempests? Whoa man. :astonished:[/quote]
Yep,

Have this rig, RY-30, MnM, R-70, A4, T, OT and MP-7, SP-808 out of pic

Cant keep all the O/S’es in my brain like I used to,
so there’s to many “umm how do i do this?” moments.

Have a good ol’ Roland D-50 coming for that purpose, or at least for pads. Should be fun.

Had another play on the A4 tonight. Since I got it about 2 months ago I’ve been mainly messing about with the preset kits and changing sounds etc but tonight I decided to get down to some serious business. Started a new project, no problem with that, loaded a load of drum sounds into the sound pool, simple, and then created a decent drum track on one track with sound locks etc. Then went into performance and set up some macros , added a baseline and yeah this thing is great at drums. I think the MM would be a great addition, will give me more options sound wise I think. A contrast with the A4. Just got to sell my Ambika that I don’t need at the minute to fund it.

Hey guys

I'm sure this has been discussed before but does anybody rock 2 Analog Fours? I've had an A4 for years now and i absolutely love it. A fella in my neighborhood is trying to get rid of his A4 at a pretty reasonable price and I'm kicking around the idea of taking it. I'm just not sure if it's worth it. Anyone have 2 Analog Fours? How do you configure them together? Anyone turn it into a makeshift 8-voice? Any examples of 2 analog fours would be helpful. I have an AR and an OT so using a 2nd A4 as a drum machine isn't really necessary for me. Using 1 as a 4-voice poly and the other as 4 mono synths would be my logical use of 2 Analog Fours. It's also good to have a second CV sequencer for when I finally decide to build a modular but again.... i dunno if its worth it. I could just wait and get an entirely different synth thats not an Elektron, like Korg or DSI but I dunno... Should I buy a second analog four or get another synth of equal or lesser value? Thanks.

I’m perpetually seriously considering it. I love the a4 for percussion and more voices would be fantastic.

1 Like

With the new model coming out I’m seriously considering ditching my drum machine for a pair of a4’s. I’m most creative on it and I love the idea of such a simple and powerful duo for my live rig.

Anyone else rocking two a4’s with one of them as a dedicated drum machine? Anyone using two live for techno?

4 Likes

I’m thinking about a 2nd A4 MkI too. I have to test again AR before.

1 Like

I’d love 2 A4’s, one for complex 16th note melodies n the other on 1 /4 speed for long chord progressions / drone.

5 Likes

I wish. Two A4’s would be so … mmm
It’s wonderful for percussion. Probably my favourite of the Elektrons i have (A4, MD, RTM).

1 Like

I’ve also been contemplating this. Think it would be really fun to use with the modular as a 4 channel mixer with fx, filter and extra vco’s on top. Especially with the price drop it’s very tempting. Actually don’t have any money for it right now. Plus it’s not a priority but still the temptation is huge.

I am considering a second a4, primarily to get all that extra control for my modular, but more voices would hardly be a trivial thing either.

Poly chain with 2 A4 ? Doable with Midipal/Midibud midi processor, splitting notes to different midi channels.
An Os with poly chain and 2 voice paraphony (doable with other midi processors) would be welcome.

Those of you with 2 A4’s are you doing anything to keep them on the same library/presets?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time and as a strictly studio artist I just can’t justify it. Between sound locks and four tracks I can usually get the basis of a track down on just my A4. If I’m gonna dosh out at the A4 level, I think I’ll just get a Digitakt at this point. If I’m not mistaken you get all the A4 sequencer tricks and I can just sample the A4 plus anything else for percussion. I’m not much of a loop mangler, so the Digi seems perfect.

1 Like

Yeah, I traded my mnm for a 2nd a4. I use one for “basslines” and one for more synthy/lead & 1/2 time parts. It’s cool having the extra 4 tracks, and I find the a4 sound engine more agreeable than the mnm. I do miss the separate delay per track and bbox machine from the mono machine though

1 Like

Does anyone use 2xA4 (or A4+AK) as a poly?

I’m seriously considering it for their price…

Can the perf controls for one influence the other? (guess they send the ccs?)

Yes. For all midi CC parameters you can find in the manual I guess.
Not for Arp settings.

I guess you can also send patches with sysex betweem 2 A4/AK.

Concerning poly, with Multimap you can split a midi keyboard on another channel for the 2nd A4/AK. Midi processors can also split any keyboard, or dispatch each note to a different midi channel (ex A4-1 : channels 1-4, A4-2 : channels 5-8).

I also thought about 2 A4s but Digitone or AR would be my priority now…

2 Likes

There is a way to have the rytm perf mode controls the perf mode on the a4. There is a thread here about it as well. its a bit more set up, but you can kind of “set the a4” and only really use the rytm. Just depends on how you want to approach it. I kind of hate being forced to sync patterns between machine due to program change, but this feature does influence how I build performance macros between the two.

1 Like