Anyone using modifiers?

I don’t think we’re going to get “scenes” on a Digi model, but a few tweaks for make me touch these keys at all.

• Add an optional live quantized mode.

• Take a page from the old Roland R8’s and make another optional modifier mode where, while in live record mode, hitting the modifier key doesn’t trigger the track instead modifies track trigs that triggered while the modifier keys are pressed. Use case would be that you have a kick track programmed, and as it’s playing you would use the velocity modifier to quickly change the velocity of each trig by hitting and holding that velocity modifier button before and during the trig in question is played. Could work in step edit mode.

• Allow for modifier stacking (so rather than going through each modifier type, hitting them would engage all of the parameters of that modifier trigger (1 through 4). Maybe there’s even some kind of exclusion feature per track so that on track 9 all modifiers are engaged when any of them are triggered, but maybe on track 10, only the velocity and M2 modifiers are applied. A kind of modifier mute?

these features would make the modifiers useful to me, but at this point any update would be welcome because as they are, I just can’t find any real-world application for them.

5 Likes

This. And when not in record mode modify trigs temporarily.

2 Likes

Yes to quantize for all modifiers, trigless (lock trig) modifiers, stack.

I’d also like modulations as destinations (ModWheel, Aftertouch, PitchBend, Breath).

And a Space Invider Game like on Digitakt…using modifiers.

Ah and Snake also.

I have it on my Nux MG30 guitar fx. Since, I can’t make music if I didn’t play it before…

2 Likes

Polyend put a snake on the Medusa on the last firmware :sweat_smile: (not sure if they’re genius or dumb)

1 Like

Hi guyz , new here , just got a syntakt few dayz ago , testing it , and i’m experiencing issues with modifiers not working at all with midi tracks , can anybody confirms (midi via usb)
Basically it plays the sound once like a trig key .
Also can anybody also confirms that midi tracks don’t have retrig oprions ? (if so , it sucks , i took this device for a lot of reason , and midi sequencing other stuff one of them , to figure out that i can not overdub on midi tracks and the previous questions :(((

Thks

Welcome @Zo

No retrigs for midi tracks.
Only Octatrack can do midi retrigs with its arp.

No midi overdub for Elektrons, which sucks even more imho.
I kept an MPC 500 for that, I am waiting for a Blackbox that should do it too.

2 Likes

Yep no overdub is crazy , i wanted to dedicate my track 8 to vst roland cloud drum machine when i need certain sound that we cannot do ( because cowbell or quality hh machine are limited to one track !!!) so i started to programe to see my thing dissapear , i was like wtf …

Please can you check if modifier works with a midi track triggering something in your daw in overbridge mod ?

Thks

1 Like

With Retrig ?
I don’t know why midi tracks would send retrigs with Overbridge only, maybe someone can try, I don’t use OB…

Midi tracks actually don t allow me trig options and the use of modifiers , i just want people around to double check if it an user error from me or something by design .
And by the way , anybody succed to get it synec whithin maschine in standalone ( not in daw) ?
No compensation working in overbridge mode .