Anyone using a Bitstream 3x?

bs3x has worked for me since I bought it new. A couple of things:

• I’m using MacOS catalina and the configuration software “mostly” works. It can’t find the template library even though it’s in the same directory. The configuration software works great on Windows 10, but on Windows I can’t get the firmware updater to work (works on MacOS though).

• Even though it is supposedly class-compliant, I have found the steadiest usage when plugged in and using midi cables (i.e. not just usb-only). Specifically, my iconnectivity mioxl seems to have some issues both powering it sufficiently and causes failures when uploading all configuration settings.

• I still have the original CD that shipped with it, but there’s nothing on it that you can’t get off the website.

• The bs3x repository someone linked earlier has the 1.9 firmware in the binaries folder. You can just download it without having to build it from source or anything. I installed it to get the configuration software to quit nagging me about an update being available.

2 Likes

Thx for answers, I bought one, received yesterday. Build very well.
Would dive in to pdf manual and try to figure out things.
My firmware 1.8, didn’t find changelog for 1.9 firmware.

I just bought a Bitstream from a guy who found ‘a problem with the dinsync output’. He says v1.9 solves just that problem. EDIT: when you touch the faders (pre v1.9) the DIN sync goes wrong.

Very interesting bug!. I don’t think i’ve used din sync on mine. Still love the bitstream - very solid device. I wish you could adjust midi channels per control without a computer. If it wasn’t for that I don’t think I’d ever need to use the software editor.

and with a right midi processor how motu midi express xt or micro express can you control many machines. ok the only thing missing are velocity sensitive buttons how from aturia beatstep

I’ve always been interested in one but went with the BCR2000 for cost. Obviously one has faders, a transport, and more buttons, but otherwise can anyone speak to how they compare?

i have one with the 1.9 installed and found on the github

now the blog is out!

Just found the changelog for 1.9 in the git history:

• After a reset to factory default, the MIDI merger is disabled to avoid any MIDI loopback
  • After a reset to factory default, the MIDI output 2 is disabled by default
  • Corrected bug: Sync24 and clock synchronization is no longer lost when tweaking controls
  • Corrected bug: MIDI clock sync lost when tweaking controls
  • Possibility to assign Realtime events (start/stop) to any digital control
2 Likes

Does anyone know the specifications for the sliding potentiometers? I need to change one.

The physical measurements are 45mm travel and 10mm shaft, it seems.