Anyone tried out Yamaha Reface yet?

That sux. How and why people advertise like that? Like you aren’t going to notice?

It’s an establishment too, but they mostly sell accordions, pianos, and guitars.

This guy sounds so good on the CP.

You mean, just play with it ?
:wink:
It surely is great for a keyboard player that want to have this specific sound.

For me, it just helped me figure I need sound design a lot more than I thought I did.

Oh, and I prefer the video bellow than above ads… They are a bit ridiculous to me, if I may…

1 Like

I just received my replacement Reface DX today that the seller assured me was new. I was so pissed to find another used Reface DX. I can’t believe this shit. There are scratches underneath the synth because it has obviously been on display. I’m so disappointed right now.

That sux. Where did you buy it?

I’m gonna wait until I have my return label and full refund before I put them on blast. Just a small vendor that deals mostly with guitars and band instruments. I thought I was getting an awesome deal, but I’d rather spend the $40 I saved rather than have weird permanent stains on the finish or scratches on the underside of the unit.

Yeah fair enough. Let us know after.
Can’t stand business practice like this
As I am in Oz this thing is always a concern when buying from overseas, like we normally need to.
Not that easy to send stuff back from the other side of the world

I’ve been in the mood for some FM flavor, got a Volca FM
Totally love that thing!! Instant gnarly loops and textures
Front 242 bass lines all day hahaha
So, high off of FM I ordered the ReFace DX
I managed to get a brand new one from GC for $280
Upon trying it out I was bummed, sounds okay but I really did find those touch sliders to be a lame interface
Endless rotaries would have been best I think…
Also keys felt too spongey for me
I returned it.
I have an Sy35, MnM and the volca FM and the DX was the odd man out…
Am looking forward to getting a Montage one day though…

I recently got a Yamaha DX and the love affair quickly disintegrated. It sounds incredible but yeah if they gave it sliders like the CS for its parameters I think it’d be something else entirely.

Yep DX touch slider things are a joke

I got a good deal on a CP and I love both it’s appearance and it’s sound. I use it mainly for noodling or as sample fodder for the OT/DT.

I had the reface DX, I vastly preferred it to the DX200 which had a horrible UI and was not anywhere near as easy to get under the hood.

I thought that the construction and design were really nice, although the touch sliders would have been better as encoders or physical sliders. But for me the thing was just too large, I did not need the keys and had they made a module version I’d have preferred that, in the end I replaced it with a Volca FM.

Soundwise it lacks the roughness of something like the DX100 and was probably closest to a TX81z, albeit quieter and a little less gritty. The looper was actually pretty handy though, but I think they missed a trick not allowing loops to be saved with sounds. I really liked it for making ambient pads with judicious use of fx, I did not find it very good for percussion, bass was ok though.

I bought myself a CP a couple weeks ago. I was always going to it in the local music store to noodle when I was there for other reasons. It sounds amazing I think and gives you all the piano sounds you’ll need for hiphop/trip hop which is what I mostly do. When you start incorporating the effects there are a lot of different and whacky sounds there.

It’s one of my new couch toys which is nice for writing new riffs/hooks. I still kind of wish it was a module and the release prices were high for what you get. Luckily it was on sale and I got it for $160 CAD less than usual. I still feel like it was about $100 too much but since it was a limited time sale I decided to jump on it.